Stock Investing

rickyt31

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

My long term portfolio is still up 7% this year in indexed mutual funds despite crazy market volatility as of late...with a total growth rate of 34%.

giphy.gif

That’s so low... Yesterday I saw my sister TD Rowe pension 401k her job does. Only 13% return 300 for the year lolz I felt so bad her..

47 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Remember the GME play has nothing to do with share price, only the short float.

Why doesn’t share price matter? The shorts that couldn’t come up with enough equity or were willing to eat the losses already got squeezed. They’re out of the game. However, I’m sure that other big players probably found some shares to short when it was in the $300 range. In which case, they’re already well into the money and can hold onto their positions for as long as they desire. Even the pressure on those that shorted at $14 and are still in the game lessens when the share price goes down. They can start pulling out some of the extra equity that they had to make available when the prices got incredibly high and make it work for them again. The price matters. As far as I can tell, the only people that are affected by time are those with options.

5 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

That’s so low... Yesterday I saw my sister TD Rowe pension 401k her job does. Only 13% return 300 for the year lolz I felt so bad her..

Mine's different from a 401K, as it's a secondary fund and "catch all" for a backup retirement, future wedding/college fund(s) for my kids, etc. It's hard to complain after November/December being up 25% alone in those two months. I'll take my 7% in January on top of my other retirement portfolio. :)