Stock Investing

rickyt31

5 hours ago, twslhs20 said:

To anyone who made serious money. Congrats. I'm honestly jelly.

To me this kind of stuff shows how fundamentally flawed the markets are.

I'm just going to invest in solid companies for the most part. This kind of gambling can lead to really bad habits in my fairly uneducated opinion.

I’m a fairly conservative investor as I’ve said multiple times, but this isn’t investing and shouldn’t be viewed as such.  This is speculation at best and, for many, thumbing your nose at the man. It’s 100% gambling.

That said, I can both be responsible in my long term investing while also “supporting the cause”. Putting a fraction of a percent of my portfolio in a FU stock is ok. 

There is a middle ground and sometimes people need to hear that.  On both sides.

• Like 4

This ends 1 of 3 ways:

1.  This time isn't different (95%)  Squeeze ends, retail are bagholders

2.  This time is different (4.999%)  Diamond hands along with institutional opportunists break the supply/demand of GME and others, forcing the Fed/SEC to take action to prevent markets from collapsing.

3.  Uh Oh (.001%)  Chain reaction liquidity event predicated by failing of clearing intermediaries irreparably damages global financial system beyond Central Banks power to fix.

On 1/29/2021 at 9:06 PM, ramssuperbowl99 said:

He's not even asking questions. That's a surgical takedown in layman's terms. Say whatever you want about the media, but they have improved how they deal with bad faith actors.

Robinhoods CEO has done nothing but made themselves look worse during these appearances, imo. You can tell he’s lying, makes zero sense and reeks of slime. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Robinhoods CEO has done nothing but made themselves look worse during these appearances, imo. You can tell he’s lying, makes zero sense and reeks of slime. 

The way the Webull broke it down! Made perfect sense. And Robinhood won’t allow you to take out your statement to transfer to a new broker. Robinhood won’t let you purchase crypto. This is beyond bs. I sencerly think they don’t have the capital to cover. 

On 1/30/2021 at 4:20 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m a fairly conservative investor as I’ve said multiple times, but this isn’t investing and shouldn’t be viewed as such.  This is speculation at best and, for many, thumbing your nose at the man. It’s 100% gambling.

That said, I can both be responsible in my long term investing while also “supporting the cause”. Putting a fraction of a percent of my portfolio in a FU stock is ok. 

There is a middle ground and sometimes people need to hear that.  On both sides.

*hisses*

• Like 1