Stock Investing

rickyt31

I haven’t made any stock moves since early February, haven’t even researched any. I think next Monday I’ll get back into it. My last couple moves in early February have been losses and I decided to do nothing and let my profile kinda correct itself with time. It’s worked decently fine but now after selling a couple I was holding that had an artificially high value, I’m thinking I’ll use my buying power to make careful investments to get back to where I was before. 

• Like 1

Sold a few puts on Fri in RIOT, DKNG, and MGNI. Close to $2500 in premium between the 3. Don't mind taking on the shares but would be quite sweet if I could just keep the premium without assignment. So here's to hoping for a nice green open on Mon...

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Its telecommunications week. GTT will be there. Ive been looking at them a few days now.

https://finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=GTT&ty=c&p=d&b=1

Check it out. Little over 2 a share. Resistance under, none above. Decent volume and I like the shares floated.

Anyone else like anything for the week?

The class action lawsuit against GTT doesn't worry you at all?

6 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The class action lawsuit against GTT doesn't worry you at all?

I think much of the bad press is behind them for the moment to where it cant sink much lower. Attending telecommunications week they have something positive. Its like SEMA for car part suppliers. And being 2 bucks a share. The value is there to where its hard to lose much. But to enter at this price now and just sit on it a bit I believe will pay off. Be it later in the week or a few weeks from now. I do see a positive return out of them.

6 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but HOFV has caught my eye.

They popped up on one of my scans and I was looking at them. Country opening up and travel starting to happen more. I was looking at that 45mil shares float thinking it could be one to jump in to. Glad to see you like them. Makes me feel better if I decide to grab some.

Got my new TDA account fired up and money should zip in when the bank opens. Looking to make a couple buys this morning to get use to it.

Ughhhh.... so close to dumping off my GT stock. Needed to hold out until it hit a year for long term, and it's kinda been plummeting since then. (I've bought at like $12/$9/ and $4 back in 2019 and 2020). I'm just gonna hold longer now and hope for a bounce back. 

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Ughhhh.... so close to dumping off my GT stock. Needed to hold out until it hit a year for long term, and it's kinda been plummeting since then. (I've bought at like $12/$9/ and $4 back in 2019 and 2020). I'm just gonna hold longer now and hope for a bounce back. 

Threw in a limit order at $17.30 to dump some regardless..... it's close..............

6 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

They popped up on one of my scans and I was looking at them. Country opening up and travel starting to happen more. I was looking at that 45mil shares float thinking it could be one to jump in to. Glad to see you like them. Makes me feel better if I decide to grab some.

Got my new TDA account fired up and money should zip in when the bank opens. Looking to make a couple buys this morning to get use to it.

It's up 30% so far today.

I also read a post about POAHY. Seems like there's potential there as well.