Stock Investing

rickyt31

What do you all think? Is GME 2008 all over again?

Rehypothecation was a common practice until 2007, but hedge funds became much more wary about it in the wake of the Lehman Brothers collapse and subsequent credit crunch in 2008-09...

For those who don't know Dennis Kelleher:

Mr. Kelleher served as a member of the Biden-Harris Transition team and, from September 2020 through January 2021, was on the Federal Reserve, Banking and Securities Agency Review Team and worked with the Treasury Department and Department of Justice teams...

Prior to Better Markets, Mr. Kelleher worked for almost eight years in senior staff positions in the United States Senate, including as General Counsel and Deputy Staff Director on the Labor and Human Resources Committee (now known as the HELP Committee) and as Legislative Director and Leadership Advisor to a senior Senator who was also Secretary to the Democratic Caucus. He concluded his service in the Senate as Chief Counsel and Senior Leadership Advisor to the Chairman of the Senate Democratic Policy Committee, a member of Senate leadership. 

https://www.docdroid.net/wnDnAlY/gmev10-pdf

https://youtu.be/imRzHXRq80I?t=6855

TD is actually kind of awful for active trading. I've split my cash over TD and Webull recently because the amount of equities available to short on Webull compared to TD is ridiculous. Getting a HTB stock to short on TD is almost impossible. Yet hot stocks like GME, RIOT, AMC, etc are all shortable on Webull. Might just go ahead and move all my capital over there in the near future. I like TD, and Think or Swim is powerful but for shorting they are very meh...

• Like 1