Stock Investing

rickyt31

57 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

My portfolio is just dying 

@Shockwave and I tried to toad a so.

I’ve been sitting on everything I had invested and didn’t panic sell, but as far as new investments since the time I tried spouting doom and gloom I’ve invested solely in long term ETFs, high dividend yield stocks with long term growth potential and solely safe bets.

I have also been putting a ton of cash away, about 10,000 so far, waiting for the inevitable significant “oh ****” moment on a bunch of stuff.  Crypto will tank again, pot and tech and electric will go way down...

When they do I’ll be ready and 10 years from now I’ll be set.  

2 hours ago, Shockwave said:

Heavy in tech?

Heaviest in NIO, Nikola, CCIV, electric car batteries. They’re all getting obliterated. And ZOM is falling in value and I didn’t sell. I’m going to stick with it and see what it does but it went from being worth $4k+ to like $2.5k now. I’m only $3k above my initial investment point now but was $12k above at my peak. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

@Shockwave and I tried to toad a so.

I’ve been sitting on everything I had invested and didn’t panic sell, but as far as new investments since the time I tried spouting doom and gloom I’ve invested solely in long term ETFs, high dividend yield stocks with long term growth potential and solely safe bets.

I have also been putting a ton of cash away, about 10,000 so far, waiting for the inevitable significant “oh ****” moment on a bunch of stuff.  Crypto will tank again, pot and tech and electric will go way down...

When they do I’ll be ready and 10 years from now I’ll be set.  

My situation is tricky cause I sold a few early and reinvested and those have gone down, so I’ll need separate  money to pay the taxes on my gains in order to continue sitting on my reinvestment and wait for them to grow or I’ll have to sell at some point this year to cover the taxes. I have put away almost $10k naturally just from work since February that is just going in my savings so I’m not terribly worried. Just mostly hope the electric sector recovers at some point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Pot stocks booming early this morning. Tilray could be acquiring Aphria. So both are rocketing up. Had my eye on 22nd Century. They went up 5% yesterday and almost 2% premarket now.

If everyone could just zero in on one pot stock, preferably Sundial Growers or a different one I have 1,000 shares of, that would be great.

I am done with pot stocks as far as making new investments.

Done.

For pot stocks I just buy the etf MJ. I can't for the life of me decide which companies are viable and which are going to go belly up. So I'd rather just buy the basket. The expense ratio on the ETF is a little high .75% but it pays a dividend and has some decent premiums on covered calls to sell to offset it.

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If everyone could just zero in on one pot stock, preferably Sundial Growers or a different one I have 1,000 shares of, that would be great.

I am done with pot stocks as far as making new investments.

Done.

What did you get in on Sundial at? And what others you have?

Im not looking to invest. Just to pump and dump dips. Tilray & Aphria have most WSB hunting dips. So theres help in pumping these.

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

What did you get in on Sundial at? And what others you have?

Im not looking to invest. Just to pump and dump dips. Tilray & Aphria have most WSB hunting dips. So theres help in pumping these.

I’ve got little stakes in all of the bigger ones (1-5 shares each), but Sundial I got in at about 40 cents and got 800 shares at that price, then got up to an even 1,000 during various dips.

There’s one I got years ago way too high, I want to say it’s Acordia or some A word pot stock.  That’s been my worst performer I’ve had for years and years, but I’m just whatever on it.

Then I got 1,000 of penny pot stocks, maybe two or three.  One of them is HITIF, but I can’t remember the others and I don’t have my Charles Schwab on mobile.

HITIF I got in at about 30 cents.

On 3/30/2021 at 12:55 PM, kingseanjohn said:

WTF. Fidelity won't let me buy LTNC because of "limited company information and/or the risk associated with the security".

Why even list them if you can't buy? Just let me spend my money!!!

Ahh. Can't buy otc there Eh. That sux