Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve always been on the Goff bandwagon even when Wentz was tearing it up. Therefore I want him to win a ring.

I prefer Baker over Goff now, but I really wanted Goff. 

Glad we didnt get him, hue would of got him killed no doubt.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah that wasn’t on the refs, Rudd was an idiot.

Well, he did think the game was over. Brady did it yesterday, if by some chance Burkhead had fumbled just short of the end zone he probably wouldn't have seen it and could have (wouldn't have) been flagged even if the Patriots recovered. Now it's 3rd and goal from the 16 (assuming the Pats recovered it at the 1) and the Chiefs likely get a chance to win.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah Goff was prolly my biggest draft QB crush I can remember.

I was just okay with him, he is a beast with time in the pocket though. He can't create much and gets rattled badly with pressure but if you keep him clean he can make some big time throws.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I was just okay with him, he is a beast with time in the pocket though. He can't create much and gets rattled badly with pressure but if you keep him clean he can make some big time throws.

That’s a pretty fair assessment.

Give him a clean pocket and he’s elite though.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s a pretty fair assessment.

Give him a clean pocket and he’s elite though.

Yeah, he'll carve you up. You know as an organization how to get the best out of him and you build your team to do so. They should be set for a lot of years.

21 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

To be fair, the pressure thing is probably impacted by Jeff Fisher. He was much better in college and it’s generally an inconsistent stat. Fisher is just an armpit of a coach.

1 hour ago, jking948 said:

To be fair, the pressure thing is probably impacted by Jeff Fisher. He was much better in college and it’s generally an inconsistent stat. Fisher is just an armpit of a coach.

Well the Bears made him look like a poor man's Nathan Peterman. I only say poor man's version because the real Nathan Peterman fared better against the Bears this season with his 0 TD 3 INT performance. I understand not many defenses could do that to Goff (The Bears gave up a season best 6 points against the Rams) but if you can get to him you can force him into making mistakes and just looking like a lost puppy.

Then again the Broncos made Brady very uncomfortable a few years ago, he stayed more composed but any QB can get rattled. I think that is Goff's kryptonite more than most of the top QBs though. The Rams job is to keep his pocket clean and reap the rewards.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well the Bears made him look like a poor man's Nathan Peterman. I only say poor man's version because the real Nathan Peterman fared better against the Bears this season with his 0 TD 3 INT performance. I understand not many defenses could do that to Goff (The Bears gave up a season best 6 points against the Rams) but if you can get to him you can force him into making mistakes and just looking like a lost puppy.

Then again the Broncos made Brady very uncomfortable a few years ago, he stayed more composed but any QB can get rattled. I think that is Goff's kryptonite more than most of the top QBs though. The Rams job is to keep his pocket clean and reap the rewards.

You’re exactly right. It’s becauee Goff is a pure pocket passer. He’s EXACTLY what I thought he was going to be good and bad.

A shameless plug, but he’s what I expect out of Rosen.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

They are going to have to make some major moves to keep him in a clean pocket possible even as soon as next season if not by 2020 for sure.

Starting LT Andrew Whitworth will be 38, Starting LG Roger Saffold will be 31 and Starting OC will be 34 while RG Austin Blythe and RT Rob Havestein are just above JAGs. They have no quality backups on the roster and they only have 4 draft picks heading into this draft season and will be without 2nd and 3rd rounders in an incredibly weak draft class. I do not believe what they have going right now is sustainable for very long.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

They are going to have to make some major moves to keep him in a clean pocket possible even as soon as next season if not by 2020 for sure.

Starting LT Andrew Whitworth will be 38, Starting LG Roger Saffold will be 31 and Starting OC will be 34 while RG Austin Blythe and RT Rob Havestein are just above JAGs. They have no quality backups on the roster and they only have 4 draft picks heading into this draft season and will be without 2nd and 3rd rounders in an incredibly weak draft class. I do not believe what they have going right now is sustainable for very long.

man, they could be screwed. they only have 35 million in cap and will need to extend Goff soon enough. 

Just now, Kiwibrown said:

man, they could be screwed. they only have 35 million in cap and will need to extend Goff soon enough. 

Marcus Peters will also be a free agent, Ndamukong Suh is 32 and they already lack pass rushers. The one they traded their 3rd for is a free agent this season. Aqib Talib will be 33 as well.

6 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Marcus Peters will also be a free agent, Ndamukong Suh is 32 and they already lack pass rushers. The one they traded their 3rd for is a free agent this season. Aqib Talib will be 33 as well.

they can cut Talib to save 8 million, but he is playing great. 

Archived