Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

51 minutes ago, mistakey said:

recently relocated home...

They are back in Cleveland?

I'm with buno on this one, don't keep relocating that sucks for the fans. They certainly had a lot more support in St. Louis than they have in L.A. so it seems to be a pure money motivated move which I don't like.

14 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

They are back in Cleveland?

I'm with buno on this one, don't keep relocating that sucks for the fans. They certainly had a lot more support in St. Louis than they have in L.A. so it seems to be a pure money motivated move which I don't like.

i used to think this.  @jpep 4 step schooled me on it.  the rams were in LA for 49 years before they moved.  the browns were in cleveland for 50 years before they moved.  the rams moved because of an argument over a bad stadium.  The rams were the 2nd worst attended team in 2011, 5th worst attended team in 2012, 2nd worst attended team in 2013, 2nd worst attended team in 2014, worst in 2015.

The rams were the 10th most attended team this year.  rams were the 2nd most attended team in 2016.  whats interesting is that the rams were the 7th worst attended team in 2017.

regardless, the rams were floundering in STL and they belong in LA.

4 minutes ago, mistakey said:

i used to think this.  @jpep 4 step schooled me on it.  the rams were in LA for 49 years before they moved.  the browns were in cleveland for 50 years before they moved.  the rams moved because of an argument over a bad stadium.  The rams were the 2nd worst attended team in 2011, 5th worst attended team in 2012, 2nd worst attended team in 2013, 2nd worst attended team in 2014, worst in 2015.

The rams were the 10th most attended team this year.  rams were the 2nd most attended team in 2016.  whats interesting is that the rams were the 7th worst attended team in 2017.

regardless, the rams were floundering in STL and they belong in LA.

So what will keep them in L.A. if a better offer comes along? Screwing with fanbases shouldn't be a thing. They were in St. Louis for 20 years, it wasn't a 2 year relocation many kids grew up only knowing St. Louis Rams and they were taken away from them.

It's all about money. Greed really, because they all make money. I don't like it and I don't think it should be an owners vote to allow teams to move because they are the ones that capitalize from it. It's like polling a bunch of meth dealers to determine whether or not it should be legal. Of course it should, it is in their best interest.

On January 31, 2014, both the Los Angeles Times and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that Rams owner Stan Kroenke purchased approximately 60 acres of land adjacent to the Forum in Inglewood, California

In an effort to try to keep the team in St. Louis, a multipurpose stadium, National Car Rental Field, was proposed in 2015, estimated to cost $1.1 billion. The initial proposal called for the stadium to be paid for by a combination of $250 million from Rams, a $200 million loan from the NFL, $130 million from personal seat license sales, $55 million in tax credits and other public incentives, $350 million from extending the state bonds originally issued for the construction of the Edward Jones Dome.[29]

On January 9, 2016, the NFL distributed a report to team owners calling the St. Louis stadium plan "unsatisfactory and inadequate" to keep the Rams in St. Louis.[30]

Gee, I wonder why. This was all decided a long time ago and certainly was known that the NFL was going to move the Rams there long before there was a vote.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m fine with the rams in LA. I’m not fine with the chargers there too. They’re so under appreciated there. I hope San Diego can get their head out of their butts and build a new stadium. 

Eh, shucking 3,4,5 billion onto taxpayers so they have the right to buy $100 dollar a seat tickets 9-11 times per year is BS.

The NFL and team should be footing the bill for most, if not all, of the cost.

Especially since there are team established limits to how many other events can be held at the taxpayer provided venue.

23 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, shucking 3,4,5 billion onto taxpayers so they have the right to buy $100 dollar a seat tickets 9-11 times per year is BS.

The NFL and team should be footing the bill for most, if not all, of the cost.

Especially since there are team established limits to how many other events can be held at the taxpayer provided venue.

Doesn’t matter anyway. I just read they have a 20 year lease with LA. That’s disappointing. 

I hate California in general. I'll be rooting for the Rams, but I'll be the guy having a watch party at my house when California slides into the ocean and into the deep sea. Screw that place and everything in it. Sorry Bron, but you made your California bed--now you have to sleep in it.

Actually, screw the Rams. I want the Patriots to win. @Kay z is the only reason I hope they lose, but I'm pretty sure his life is a mess right now and the only redeeming thing he has left to cling onto is the Patriots. That's why he clings so hard to Tom's dangling sack--it's the only thing that gives him sustenance in a world that frowns upon him.

Patriots all the way baby!

6 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I hate California in general. I'll be rooting for the Rams, but I'll be the guy having a watch party at my house when California slides into the ocean and into the deep sea. Screw that place and everything in it. Sorry Bron, but you made your California bed--now you have to sleep in it.

Why?  Did you live there or something?

Every time Ive visited I’ve found it pretty amazing.  San Diego, PCH, San Fran, the National Parks, etc..  Amazing state tbh.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Why?  Did you live there or something?

Every time Ive visited I’ve found it pretty amazing.  San Diego, PCH, San Fran, the National Parks, etc..  Amazing state tbh.

Golden State, LA Lakers, USC Trojans, crazy liberals, #calexit, smugness....

Archived