Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Patriots coaching is way a head of everyone else. 

They have an elite defense with hardly any star players. 

Gilmore, mccourty are the only great players individually.

Hightower and Flowers are pretty darn good.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Hightower and Flowers are pretty darn good.

I agree, still they do not have that many highly rated individuals. 

Like van noy, sucks, except he is a really good player. If he came here he would be so middle of the road.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I agree, still they do not have that many highly rated individuals. 

Like van noy, sucks, except he is a really good player. If he came here he would be so middle of the road.

That’s the great thing about having a defensive coach there for the past 20years. He knows exactly what he needs from a player for their position. Gets the best out of them. If they went else where they will not play as well. 

Why is Tom Brady allowed to rip his helmet off on the field of play in thrill of victory but Dwayne Rudd isn't? How does an entire team only get 5 DPI's thrown on them in an entire season but the Browns get flagged for it on a hail mary, a play it happens ever time?

No one will ever convince me the NFL doesn't hate the Browns.

I might not even watch the Super Bowl either. New England is a bunch of cheaters proven time and time again but the NFL just sweeps it under the rug with a slap on the wrist every so often. The Rams doesn't deserve to be in the Super Bowl because the officials clearly blew the call at the end of the game that would have all but ended it. There is legit no one to route for in the Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Brady has only had 1 pressure on him during the playoffs.

Whoever is counting his pressures can't count. I saw him get hit and make a throw after the hit yesterday, plus there was the phantom roughing the passer call which although it didn't hit him it was definetly pressure. So thats two just off the top of my head. 

4 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Whoever is counting his pressures can't count. I saw him get hit and make a throw after the hit yesterday, plus there was the phantom roughing the passer call which although it didn't hit him it was definetly pressure. So thats two just off the top of my head. 

Yeah I follow PFF on Instagram and I saw a post earlier today that showed he was pressured 6 times in 46 drop backs just last night which was by far the fewest of all 4 QBs yesterday, but still a far cry from 1 all post season.

26 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Why is Tom Brady allowed to rip his helmet off on the field of play in thrill of victory but Dwayne Rudd isn't?

Because Dwayne Rudd did it while the play was still going on, and he chucked it about 15 yards (again, while the play was still going on).  Brady waited until the play was over, until the game was over. And then he removed his helmet to show us all his ridiculously handsome face.

Just now, ReggieCamp said:

Because Dwayne Rudd did it while the play was still going on, and he chucked it about 15 yards (again, while the play was still going on).  Brady waited until the play was over, until the game was over. And then he removed his helmet to show us all his ridiculously handsome face.

Also they don't flag you for taking your helmet off on the field anymore. Happens a lot now-a-days.

56 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

But they still do if you do it in the middle of a play lol.

Well, they probably would but if it is away from the play in a crucial moment of the game they probably shouldn't. Just let the game end, it isn't like if affects the play in any way if the play is 30 yards away and the helmet was tossed even further away...blah. Not sure how they would see it anyway if every ref missed the PI yesterday and the one who saw it also saw that the ball tipped when there was no signs at of being tipped who knows if they would even notice a helmetless player.

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

Yeah that wasn’t on the refs, Rudd was an idiot.

Archived