Around the NFL and General discussion

hornbybrown

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can understand people not agreeing with the prevalent politics, but there’s a lot of great parts to CA.

@bruceb I can appreciate your stance. No place is the right fit for everyone, but you definitely seem to appreciate some the the awesome parts of the state. 

Why you still in CA if you don’t like it @NudeTayne?  Family? Job? Laziness?

I'm not saying it's Mind or anything. I'm just telling you how it is. I've been to maybe 35 states now and also spent a short time living in the Ozarks of Missouri, Asheville NC and also Missoula MT. All of them had horrible weather compared to California and lacked variety of easy affordable quality food, but all had much friendlier people as a whole. California is buried in leftism--not very friendly. That's more what I'm commenting on. And yes, I do have family here. I'm consider leaving, tbh.

4 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

That just makes me sad.

I've never been able to wink.

Today, my 22 month old son learned to do it.

I never thought I'd lose love for a child at such a young age 

Can you or he wiggle your ears?

16 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'm not saying it's Mind or anything. I'm just telling you how it is. I've been to maybe 35 states now and also spent a short time living in the Ozarks of Missouri, Asheville NC and also Missoula MT. All of them had horrible weather compared to California and lacked variety of easy affordable quality food, but all had much friendlier people as a whole. California is buried in leftism--not very friendly. That's more what I'm commenting on. And yes, I do have family here. I'm consider leaving, tbh.

How was Missoula.  I love MT and I’ve thought about moving there in 5-6 years.

48 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

1. Hmm...

2. But it won't, so...

3. Lol you've never lived in California. Bless your heart, but no. The link you posted is lefty Ezra Klein's Vox and it really doesn't say what you're implying. California is Democrat top to bottom. 

From the linked article:

"While the number of registered Democratic voters in California hasn’t changed much in recent years, the number of registered Republicans has dropped by 10 percent, and might be surpassed by the number of registered independents by the November midterms. Currently, Democrats hold a 19 percent advantage over Republicans in California.

In 2018, in Orange County, a conservative epicenter and birthplace of the anti-tax movement, a Democrat defeated 15-term incumbent Republican Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, who had won all but one of his elections by double digits dating back to 1988. Democrats now control the governor’s mansion and have the numbers to override vetos in the state legislature without a single Republican vote."

Sorry to bust you out. I've lived in California for over 20 years. There are absolutely zero conservative hotspots of impactful size here.

Jane coaston is ridiculously smart.  She knows her stuff.  Don’t care where she’s published.  She gets respect from pretty much everyone, including national review where she’s actually been published.  

No, what I’m implying is that the largest state in the nation still has a lot of conservatives even if they are outbumbered by the libs because again, it’s the largest state in the nation and it’s liberal.  

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Bruh the first is an editorial with no byline.

If California crashes, then the world crashes.  Especially due to the large tech industry and their supply chain.  you May be right (I don’t think you are)- especially since the balance sheet of California rebounded significantly under jerry brown and they’re in much better spot than they were before.  But god save us all if you are 

2 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Doesnt your country owe 20 trillion $$$? 

we do, but if we don’t pay the world crashes.  See what happened to Russia after the Soviet Union.  They (the rest of the countries) made sure that the country who had a bunch of nuclear missiles and natural resources didn’t fall into anarchy and chaos.  

Nobody gonna call us on our debt unless China far far far far outpaces us which is possible at some point I guess

21 minutes ago, mistakey said:

we do, but if we don’t pay the world crashes.  See what happened to Russia after the Soviet Union.  They (the rest of the countries) made sure that the country who had a bunch of nuclear missiles and natural resources didn’t fall into anarchy and chaos.  

Nobody gonna call us on our debt unless China far far far far outpaces us which is possible at some point I guess

China has their own severe problems too that nobody talks about.

Archived