Why isn't anyone talking about the Cincinnati Bengals?

DigInBoys

6 hours ago, Toonishung13 said:

Last year doesn't matter or couple years ago. Just this year. Chargers have as much talent if not more than KC and NE. They are 3rd in offensive ypg, 5th ppg, i believe 2nd in big plays (20+ yd plays) and of the 3, they have the best defense and that is without arguably a top 5 defensive player in the league being out (Bosa). Not to mention Rivers 2nd rated passer in the league and their rb duo has most yds from scrimmage of any backfield.

Only area NE and KC have a clear advantage is TE. 

I can't trust them, sorry. They do look good on paper and have played well so far but after the last 10 years of Chargers evidence they need to show it before people can believe in them.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:12 AM, SBLIII said:

I can't trust them, sorry. They do look good on paper and have played well so far but after the last 10 years of Chargers evidence they need to show it before people can believe in them.

Chargers always seem to look good to start but then November rolls around and they're already down to having to drive a van around the city kidnapping random big looking guys to play OL for them.

4 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Do you have that stat?

I don’t have it handy. I’ll look for it. Ken McKusick, who is one of the best analytical football guys I’ve heard in any widespread format, talks about it at relative length. He’s mentioned numerous times how it’s the second largest negative to expected wins on season (only behind forfeiting home game to London). I believe it’s regression analysis he’s done. I’ll look for it and try to post. 

Edit - to clarify: advantage to home team, disadvantage to road team 

1 hour ago, SmittyBacall said:

Why wouldn’t we?

Because the Bengals are on the upswing of the 'we are only legit every other year' routine---- and it always ends in them losing in the playoffs.

Ive read this book before and as long as Dalton/Lewis are the 2 man combo leading the team, they can go 16-0 and I will never take them seriously as contenders.

On 10/16/2018 at 5:12 AM, SBLIII said:

I agree.. certain things tend to leave lasting impressions. Its the same with KC. Need to see them have success in the playoffs before people believe. 

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Because the Bengals are on the upswing of the 'we are only legit every other year' routine---- and it always ends in them losing in the playoffs.

Ive read this book before and as long as Dalton/Lewis are the 2 man combo leading the team, they can go 16-0 and I will never take them seriously as contenders.

This! ?

Archived