Why isn't anyone talking about the Cincinnati Bengals?

DigInBoys

I dislike so much of the logic in this thread. The Bengals lost to the Steelers in the last few seconds. That doesn't mean they can't beat the Steelers. Close game outcomes in week 6 mean very little in terms of what a team is capable of. All that matters from that is that they hurt themselves in the division/playoff race, but they are still in pretty good shape.

We should be ignored because Marvin Lewis is still our head coach.  We can talk about a lot of "what ifs" in the close loss to the Steelers but to me Marvin didn't give this team a chance. 3 possessions close to the 40 yard line and in manageable distances to convert, and Marvin Lewis decides to punt.  That's losing football, and won't change until Marvin is fired...

2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I dislike so much of the logic in this thread. The Bengals lost to the Steelers in the last few seconds. That doesn't mean they can't beat the Steelers. Close game outcomes in week 6 mean very little in terms of what a team is capable of. All that matters from that is that they hurt themselves in the division/playoff race, but they are still in pretty good shape.

*In 30 for 30 narrator voice*

What if I told you that the Browns had won a playoff game more recently than the Bengals?

What if I told you that Marvin Lewis had lost to the Steelers 6 times in a row and 9 of the last 10?

What if I told you that Marvin Lewis was 8-24 against Pittsburgh, including 2-15 at home?

And what if I told you that Marvin Lewis still got multiple extensions?

49 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

Btw, you guys should be talking about Bill Lazor.  I'm all for firing Marvin and promoting Lazor to HC, but we all know that's not happening.  Congrats to the team that inevitably gets Lazor, while I'll be watching Marvin Lewis as HC and Hue Jackson as OC in 2030...

lol... I hoped they would do it with Zimmer too..  so sick of ol marv 

Archived