Monday Night Football - 49ers v Packers GDT

ET80

Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Packers
    • 49ers

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

Jerry Rice still fumbled even if it wasn't called.  If I recall replay returned after that post season.

Yeah. William Henderson also fumbled the year before, and Don Beebe was touched on MNF in '96. Packers had their share of lucky breaks up to that point. 

Total heartbreaker for my Niners last night, but I was so proud of the way they played on offense, and the pass rush was much better at last.  CJ is a really resilient

player and is improving all the time.  Definitely one of the best back-ups in the league right now.  A great performance that did not deserve the loss they got.

Despite all the things that have gone against us this year, every player plays his heart out (even the awful secondary).  And that motivation is down to good coaching.

The improvement in the O line play is great to see.  It's a long road to hoe but they are definitely headed in the right direction.  And those folks who were crying about the Niners being on prime time TV ought to be grateful they are, because that was a really exciting game.

13 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

All the niners fans on my fb wont get over the Sherman call. It was the right call.

Very ticky tacky. One of those calls you're good with when it goes your way, and don't like when it goes against you. Every team gets them throughout the year. The niners were already the beneficiary of one against the lions which may have been the only reason we won that game

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Very ticky tacky. One of those calls you're good with when it goes your way, and don't like when it goes against you. Every team gets them throughout the year. The niners were already the beneficiary of one against the lions which may have been the only reason we won that game

Agreed, very much so.  You win some calls, you lose some calls.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

thats okay.

green bay got burnt on a rtp penalty against minnesota that cost them the win.

you win some you losr some

5 hours ago, lancerman said:

Disagree. It’s like any other stat. Context matters. Throwing for 300 yards on screen passes dump offs is very different from doing it at mid and long range. And even then the quality of the coverage should be taken into account. An INT off a poor read is different than your WR bobbling a ball up in the air for a defender to make a play on it. 

GWD are no different. There’s a difference between getting pinned at the 90 and completeing a methodical drive where you are maximizing the clock and hitting your receivers in tight windows so they can get out of bounds and showing situational awareness AND getting a good run back to the 40, throwing a dump off where the receiver shakes a tackle and goes another 25 to get you in field goal range. 

Aka all stats without context are useless.

You missed my point entirely. It has nothing to do with context of how it’s recorded. It has everything to do with the idea of clutchness and the fact that it’s done on a counting basis rather than a percentage basis.

57 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

thats okay.

green bay got burnt on a rtp penalty against minnesota that cost them the win.

you win some you losr some

Absolutely. And the niners had chances to ice this game. Don't want that penalty to help decide the outcome? Pick up 3 yards on two chances, simple as that. 

20 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

You missed my point entirely. It has nothing to do with context of how it’s recorded. It has everything to do with the idea of clutchness and the fact that it’s done on a counting basis rather than a percentage basis.

I think most people just eye test clutchness tbh 

6 hours ago, uk9erfan said:

Total heartbreaker for my Niners last night, but I was so proud of the way they played on offense, and the pass rush was much better at last.  CJ is a really resilient

player and is improving all the time.  Definitely one of the best back-ups in the league right now.  A great performance that did not deserve the loss they got.

Despite all the things that have gone against us this year, every player plays his heart out (even the awful secondary).  And that motivation is down to good coaching.

The improvement in the O line play is great to see.  It's a long road to hoe but they are definitely headed in the right direction.  And those folks who were crying about the Niners being on prime time TV ought to be grateful they are, because that was a really exciting game.

Your constant positivity makes me feel bad about my constant negative attitude. Can I share your soul the rest of the season?

7 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Your constant positivity makes me feel bad about my constant negative attitude. Can I share your soul the rest of the season?

With the game on the line, did you see that one play where CJ underthrew the ball directly to the Packers' DB? 

There, doesn't that feel better? ;)

6 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Hey Papa,  You could have what's left of my soul after it has been beaten as badly as a Niners safety, but then there'd be nothing left. :)  I really just try to see the positives in our team because if I didn't I'd be swamped by the negatives.  My biggest fear right now is that Jed York will pull the plug too early.  If this is going to have any chance of working (and I honestly believe it does with Shanny at the helm) then he and Lynch have got be kept on until the bitter end.  Go Niners.

20 minutes ago, uk9erfan said:

Hey Papa,  You could have what's left of my soul after it has been beaten as badly as a Niners safety, but then there'd be nothing left. :)  I really just try to see the positives in our team because if I didn't I'd be swamped by the negatives.  My biggest fear right now is that Jed York will pull the plug too early.  If this is going to have any chance of working (and I honestly believe it does with Shanny at the helm) then he and Lynch have got be kept on until the bitter end.  Go Niners.

Agreed. As much as I hate Jed for how the Harbaugh situation was handled, I hope he doesn't cut and run from Shanahan and Lynch right now. The six year contracts are a good indicator of being committed, but time is at a premium in the NFL regardless of circumstance. Shanahan and Lynch seem like they are the right duo for this job. The results just aren't there yet. They've had terrible luck with injuries. 

Archived