How good is this Ravens Defense?

CP3MVP

4 hours ago, RavensDefense3 said:

we're truly going to find out this week vs saints. aside from half a game on the road on short week against cincy it's looked dominant every game. i said before this season it's going to be a top 3 defense, but the way these other defenses are playing it looks like the top 1. on paper there aren't any flaws either beside interior pass rush.

Maybe, maybe not.  Saints are due a let down game on offense.  Brees still hasn't thrown a pick, and everyone knows that's not gonna last til the end of the season.  

I don't think I'll believe that any defense can carry a team to the superbowl this year until anyone can shut down KC, LA, or NO. A bad game by the elite offenses this year is still 20+ points. They might be as good as Minnesota last year but the offenses are on a completely different level from last year.

They have the best defense so far, though they also haven't been that challenged. They've played two good offenses, with one good showing and one bad showing.

4 hours ago, Bobikus said:

It's pretty good.  Shutting out the Steelers in the second half of their game was the only real notable performance so far though against a legitimate offense.

The Bucs did that to the Steelers as well didn't they?

2 hours ago, JMG5 said:

The Bucs did that to the Steelers as well didn't they?

Yeah, which tempers the impressiveness of that a bit  I guess.

They take on the Saints this week.  Will be a great measure of how good that D really is.

4 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

I don't think I'll believe that any defense can carry a team to the superbowl this year until anyone can shut down KC, LA, or NO. A bad game by the elite offenses this year is still 20+ points. They might be as good as Minnesota last year but the offenses are on a completely different level from last year.

They have the best defense so far, though they also haven't been that challenged. They've played two good offenses, with one good showing and one bad showing.

I think that it works both ways though.

The rule change doesn't just help elite offenses, it helps all offenses. That includes Joe Flacco and the Ravens offense.

It's not really unthinkable that the Ravens could hold an offense like the Chiefs to 20-23 points if they are truly an elite defense.

It's also not unthinkable that the Ravens offense could score close to 30 on the god-awful Chiefs defense.

So I disagree with that premise.

But ultimately I don't think this Ravens defense or team is going to win a SB.

Main reason is that the Ravens in recent years will blowout the terrible teams they play and then not do as well against the better teams in the league.

I know they beat the Steelers, but I don't really think the Steelers are all that this year anyways. Plus it's a division rival.

I wanna see how the Ravens fair against the Saints, Panthers, Chiefs and Chargers before I make a real evaluation of them.

Until then, they are still the same Ravens.

Archived