2019 Draft - Edge Rushers

Forge

On 10/21/2018 at 8:55 AM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Do you guys think Polite could excel in a 4-3 scheme? I know his production has taken a massive jump up with the 3-4, but I'm not sure that's the only reason behind his success. He lost a bunch of weight and put on some more muscle.

Just looking for opinions from people who have done this much longer than myself.

Play him in the 3-4. Reminds me a lot of Dee Ford coming out but better against the run. I don’t think he will ever be a team’s number one rusher but a solid number two. 

6 hours ago, Counselor said:

Play him in the 3-4. Reminds me a lot of Dee Ford coming out but better against the run. I don’t think he will ever be a team’s number one rusher but a solid number two. 

I dunno. He looks beefy man, a lot bigger than ford coming out. He flashes elite rushes with his burst/bend. He has the von miller khalil mack 6-2 260 size. Not saying he's either, but his frame is similar.

He just jumps off the screen.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

24 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I dunno. He looks beefy man, a lot bigger than ford coming out. He flashes elite rushes with his burst/bend. He has the von miller khalil mack 6-2 260 size. Not saying he's either, but his frame is similar.

To be fair Ford has 8 sacks this season so far. They appear to be around the same size in college. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Joe Jackson is really good. His potential as a pass rusher is excellent and he has the frame to stack and shed against the run. He's technically not where he needs to be yet, but I'm betting on his potential. I think he ends up being a top 10 player from this class, even if he doesn't get drafted accordingly.

Josh Allen is going to have a great combine and become one of my man crushes. Might end up being my DE #2 after Bosa. Not as explosive as Polite, but I'd take him over Polite/Sweat/Ferrell/Zach Allen/Burns. He's kinda like a more polished Marcus Davenport.

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Josh Allen is going to have a great combine and become one of my man crushes. Might end up being my DE #2 after Bosa. Not as explosive as Polite, but I'd take him over Polite/Sweat/Ferrell/Zach Allen/Burns. He's kinda like a more polished Marcus Davenport.

He's been an absolute beast this year. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 8:36 PM, Forge said:

He's been an absolute beast this year. 

I'm starting to worry he'll go before the Eagles pick, even if the Eagles pick 8th-10th. He can rush the passer in any scheme, has the size to play the run well as a 4-3 DE, and he moves better than a lot of traditional LB prospects when he drops into coverage. I feel like he could play 4-3 DE, 4-3 SAM, 3/4 OLB, or 3/4 ILB, and do all of them well.

Syracuse vs BC is a good game to scout some DE/OLB prospects.

Zach Allen (6'5 285/6.5 sacks/14.5 TFL/11 QBH).

Wyatt Ray (6'3" 255/9 sacks/11 TFL/5 QBH).

Alton Robinson (6'4" 250/9 sacks/16 TFL/11 QBH).

Kendall Coleman (6'3" 260/7 sacks/9 TFL/5 QBH)

Allen and Robinson are potential plus starters, Ray and Coleman are potential quality depth guys.

Edited by Jeezla

On 10/28/2018 at 4:38 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

I really don't think he's playing at 260, probably closer to 245 IMO.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2018 at 3:38 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Polite isn't 260. He's more in the 240 to 250 range. Frankly, as a Gator fan, I don't really feel like he has jumped off the screen as much as I hoped. He's a first round talent, but he's going to need to develop a deeper set of pass rush moves. He's not a consistent enough factor right now. I do love his effort, though. Kid plays hard.

• Like 1