Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

3 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Actually already knew that and having a pretty good year.  Raiders are going full tank mode.  Have been reading around came across this...

Clearance Rack

Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie announced the potential sell-off by saying he was the only untouchable trade asset in Oakland.

• Tight end Jared Cook has been productive for the Raiders, but is 31, a free agent after next season, and would be better served racking up yards on another team. (Perhaps Gronk insurance for the Patriots?)
  • Pass rusher Bruce Irvin is 30 and signed through 2019, making him another player unlikely to contribute to the Raiders’ Las Vegas era. A playoff team looking to improve its pass rush, like New Orleans or Kansas City, could swoop in with a midround pick.
  • Raiders safety Karl Joseph, a 2016 first-round pick, is on the trading block and could be a logical gamble for both Dallas and Kansas City, the two safety-hungry teams that were in the mix for Earl Thomas. Dallas has two of the best corners in football in Byron Jones and Anthony Brown but could improve its safety play, while the Chiefs are struggling for depth with both starting safeties out and the league’s worst defense by total yards and passing yards.

I feel like Reggie is actively trying to get himself traded.

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd trade Clinton-Dix for a second round pick now if we added a pass rusher on the same day.  Anything less and it makes no sense to trade him.  Even if he's guaranteed to not re-sign with us, we can still either tag him or get a 4th round compensatory pick for him at the lowest.  Trading him also kills our chances this year.  

So yeah, it better be a Cooper level steal if we trade him.

If the Raiders can get a #1 for a rather poor WR on an expiring contract. I certainly wouldn't take anything less. Ian Rapoport said the Cowboys (lol no) and Chiefs have called about HHCD. KC is really in a bind on defense, I'd start my price at 2 #1's. Is he Khalil Mack's talent/impact? Hell no. Is there a better safety available right now? Hell no, and it's not even close. We have all the leverage. Call KC's bluff. Are they really "all in"?

5 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I don't know if those of you in favor of trading HaHa have stopped to think how a starting safety duo of Brice and Whitehead would look like.

They haven't. They also (apparently) don't remember life with MD Jennings or anybody else we trotted out there post Nick Collins. HaHa has his flaws, but there's a reason he's PFF's #2 safety. People always want a "ball hawk" at safety. Wake the hell up! We have of the best in town!

31 minutes ago, MNPackfan32 said:

If the Raiders can get a #1 for a rather poor WR on an expiring contract. I certainly wouldn't take anything less. Ian Rapoport said the Cowboys (lol no) and Chiefs have called about HHCD. KC is really in a bind on defense, I'd start my price at 2 #1's. Is he Khalil Mack's talent/impact? Hell no. Is there a better safety available right now? Hell no, and it's not even close. We have all the leverage. Call KC's bluff. Are they really "all in"?

KC isn't that kind of all in.  They have a star QB in year 2, so they have time.  They won't mortgage the future for Ha Ha Clinton Dix.

8 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

KC isn't that kind of all in.  They have a star QB in year 2, so they have time.  They won't mortgage the future for Ha Ha Clinton Dix.

They are going to have to pay Tyreek Hill, Dee Ford is a FA, so is Allen Bailey, Kareem Hunt will be coming up in a year or so. No guarantee that they are this good/healthy again. But if they're out on HaHa, fine by me. I'm not going to give him away.

7 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I'd trade Clinton-Dix for a second round pick now if we added a pass rusher on the same day.  Anything less and it makes no sense to trade him.  Even if he's guaranteed to not re-sign with us, we can still either tag him or get a 4th round compensatory pick for him at the lowest.  Trading him also kills our chances this year.  

So yeah, it better be a Cooper level steal if we trade him.

Yeah, I really don't want to trade Ha Ha unless we get an awesome deal out of it which I don't see happening. In fact, I'd like to extend him unless he's asking for an unrealistic contract, which could be what is contributing to him being possibly traded now.

9 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Yeah I guess there's a line somewhere but getting a qb is so obviously step 1 to having a decent nfl team.  Having David Johnson doesn't seem to help at all.  Even if you don't particularly love the qbs, I think you roll the dice hoping you learn to love em.

I just don't trust anyone's evals enough to make that kind of call when it's RB vs QB.

saquon is pretty sick, don't get me wrong.  

I'm kind of thinking if you find your Goff, you aren't mad you got your gurley first. 

11 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Yeah, I really don't want to trade Ha Ha unless we get an awesome deal out of it which I don't see happening. In fact, I'd like to extend him unless he's asking for an unrealistic contract, which could be what is contributing to him being possibly traded now.

Yeah .. kind of getting the idea that he might be signing an extension instead of getting traded.

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm kind of thinking if you find your Goff, you aren't mad you got your gurley first. 

They figured Eli has some yards left in his arm. Not many - but enough to get by with. They drafted the LG fairly high. Second round? They brought in the LT from NE. They had a #1 invested in Flowers - who bottomed out and was cut a few weeks ago.  So - its not like the OL has been off the radar screen entirely or a late round second thought  -  but they still really suck at it and Eli (who was never "elite" to begin with IMO) and has been suffering from PTSD for a few years already - has only regressed further.

I would have taken Darnold. He's a big, tough kid - Met Life Stadium is a lousy place to play when it gets cold - and he'd give you 10+ years of stability (if not excellence) at the most important position. Barkley's good - no doubt or question - but he's a knee or ankle injury away from losing that fifth gear and the shelf life on most RBs is really short.

Archived