Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

7 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

I don't know if those of you in favor of trading HaHa have stopped to think how a starting safety duo of Brice and Whitehead would look like.

If they trade HaHa they have to have another plan in place whether that is Tramon, Breeland, or Jackson at safety. At least I hope they wouldn't be dumb enough to roll with Brice & Whitehead...

KC would need a 2 and 3.  They will be very late picks in each round.  Offer up that I'd let him go.  Dallas #2 would get it done for me.    So basically a mid 2 ish.  Ha Ha isn't worth a whole lot more than that.  Someone offers up a 1 it's done done and done.  Sure Gute is fielding offers and has a price in mind.  Shipping off Dix would hurt this team's chances so it would have to be worth it.  Again the other side is Gute may try to extend him.  We are hampered with the cap so his hands are tied which is why I am not expecting any moves today.

23 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

If they trade HaHa they have to have another plan in place whether that is Tramon, Breeland, or Jackson at safety. At least I hope they wouldn't be dumb enough to roll with Brice & Whitehead...

Yes, I would move Tramon to Safety.

5 Hours out from the trade deadline and the Packers have been linked to no one and let's be real -- The Packers haven't been as tight-lipped as they were with Ted Thompson. Safe to say this trade deadline is going to come and go with us more likely being a seller (Haha) then a buyer.

4 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

5 Hours out from the trade deadline and the Packers have been linked to no one and let's be real -- The Packers haven't been as tight-lipped as they were with Ted Thompson. Safe to say this trade deadline is going to come and go with us more likely being a seller (Haha) then a buyer.

Why is 5 hours left relevant when no one has been traded to any teams yet aside from a few days ago? Lots of these deals come about due to the deadline. Packers haven't been linked to specific players, but have been linked to looking for EDGE players.

Just now, Nick_gb said:

Tomlin.gif

8 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Why is 5 hours left relevant when no one has been traded to any teams yet aside from a few days ago? Lots of these deals come about due to the deadline. Packers haven't been linked to specific players, but have been linked to looking for EDGE players.

It's extremely relevant -- Multiple teams have been linked to being buyers during the trade deadline with certain names Fowler / Collins / Ray / Demaryius Thomas etc.. being the main names floated out there right now. It's not at all inconceivable to believe that the Packers may find it better to be sellers in this situation as opposed to buyers as they're not a single piece away from contending this year and as far as the only link I've heard is the Packers and Bell and that was more along the lines of someone smoking the good stuff lol.

If you guys would be disappointed that we didn't make a move by the trade deadline that's entirely up to you. I'm not opposed to holding onto our resources and holding off for a good 2019 off-season. I honestly do not believe that we are 1 piece away from being a contender this year, certainly are trending in the right direction but we aren't there yet.

Archived