Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

The last time we had a DAYTIME HIGH below zero was 25 years ago:  1994 (-3)

thats from fox8. We see negative temps during the overnight and lows but rarely negative temps for highs like we currently are seeing

Also

Only 4 of the last 20 winters have had wind chills at or below -20: (2015, 2014, 2009, 1999)

Only 5 of the last 35 winters have had wind chills at or below -30: (2014, 2009, 1994, 1990, 1984)

Our point is what is the difference between -3 and 5?  It’s not like we’re now at a temp where furnaces aren’t capable of heating homes, cars don’t start, guys dongs are freezing off...  it’s just another cold arse day in January, like every other year.

*In Ohio btw, in Minnesota and Chicago they’re getting some absurd temps iirc.

7 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Our point is what is the difference between -3 and 5?  It’s not like we’re now at a temp where furnaces aren’t capable of heating homes, cars don’t start, guys dongs are freezing off...  it’s just another cold arse day in January, like every other year.

*In Ohio btw, in Minnesota and Chicago they’re getting some absurd temps iirc.

The difference would be 8 degrees if my math is correct...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it’s -3 here right now.

That happens literally every year.

Its -3 but 'feels like' -27 with wind chill according to the weather.. Im dreading just walking out to my car to warm it up and I just had to put shoes on inside my apartment because the floor in the living room and hardwood in the kitchen is ice cold lol

Edited by AkronsWitness

16 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Gonna walk out and get the mail tomorrow in gym shorts and a tee shirt to reaffirm my alpha status amongst my neighbors.

Prolly take my time too, like I don’t even realize it’s cold.

This was my post yesterday in TAST.  

26 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I stood out side with my dogs (wearing shorts and my slippers) for about 5 minutes, and I'm doing OK.

I like your style sir.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I let my dogs out.

It was cold.

Ive survived to tell the tale to future generations.

I would much rather be cold than hot. This weather is fine to me. It’s cold, but not apocalyptic like in Minny and Chicago. Not including wind chill, it will be -27 in Minneapolis tonight.

Edited by candyman93

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I would much rather be cold than hot. This weather is fine to me. It’s cold, but not apocalyptic like in Minny and Chicago. Not including wind chill, it will be -27 in Minneapolis tonight.

Yeah -27 is a whole other animal than what we’re dealing with.

Still prolly won’t matter to most people though.  They’ll just be chilling watching YouTube and ish.

46 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah -27 is a whole other animal than what we’re dealing with.

Still prolly won’t matter to most people though.  They’ll just be chilling watching YouTube and ish.

-27 means you’re talking Antarctica with penguins man lol

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1