Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

How is it that the people this impacts the most/are at the most risk are taking this the least seriously?

You think they know who Charles Darwin is?

In situations like this I just hope the people who continue to be willfully ignorant also continue to be lucky and life doesn’t serve them a big slice of humble pie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

In situations like this I just hope the people who continue to be willfully ignorant also continue to be lucky and life doesn’t serve them a big slice of humble pie.

I’m just hoping their ignorance doesn’t negatively impact the rest of the population and those who are doing their part. People with preexisting conditions, autoimmune deficiencies, and other at risk factors like cancer and asthma. I’m not rooting for anyone to get hurt/sick, but if they put themselves at risk, so be it. It’s the innocent bystanders that are exposed who I worry about.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can't say that I am as positive in my thoughts towards these people.  You get what you deserve imo.  If a man stands atop a precarious ledge on a mountain every day...and says it's God's will if he lives or dies...and 1 day he falls to his death...well......

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’m just hoping their ignorance doesn’t negatively impact the rest of the population and those who are doing their part. People with preexisting conditions, autoimmune deficiencies, and other at risk factors like cancer and asthma. I’m not rooting for anyone to get hurt/sick, but if they put themselves at risk, so be it. It’s the innocent bystanders that are exposed who I worry about.

Yeah they don’t seem to understand (or care) how their actions impact others.

2 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I can't say that I am as positive in my thoughts towards these people.  You get what you deserve imo.  If a man stands atop a precarious ledge on a mountain every day...and says it's God's will if he lives or dies...and 1 day he falls to his death...well......

For me it’s not really about them, but their family and friends.

Many of these people have relatives, kids, whatever, with some common sense and having your parent die alone, in a hospital with a tube down their neck and them not being able to grieve and say goodbye, etc would be some kind of awful.  

Or maybe theyre the lucky one who has mild symptoms but gives to their spouse who isn’t so lucky.  Or heaven forbid their children.  Or parents.  I couldn’t imagine having to live with the guilt of knowing you could have potentially prevented such a thing from happening if you’d have simply listened to people who have spent a lifetime learning about such things instead of talking heads on TV more worried about their money that’s already stacked to the ceiling.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

How is it that the people this impacts the most/are at the most risk are taking this the least seriously?

Because my 401k is in the gutter & we need the poor young people to get back to work to save it so I can retire & stay at home & not die to the virus.

Edited by Glen