Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

Damn Urbana Is closing down as a college because of Covid. Sucks for those D2 athletes who had scholarships 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

How is that even possible?  

They are closing permanently, but it's not "because of COVID19". They were having some significant issues with enrollment (1,200) and finances, but this was the icing on the cake for them unfortunately. 

Just now, MWil23 said:

They are closing permanently, but it's not "because of COVID19". They were having some significant issues with enrollment (1,200) and finances, but this was the icing on the cake for them unfortunately. 

That’s my point, they may be closing but it has little to do with covid, it’s only been a month a half.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

That’s my point, they may be closing but it has little to do with covid, it’s only been a month a half.

piGMDmW.gif

...me too...LOL

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

well yeah that school has been struggling financially and was rescued in '14 by franklin but its seems the Covid situation is just delivering the death blow 

11 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Its not about the past month and half. Its about the projection of the future from the article I was reading. They wont be able to pull anywhere close to the enrollment that they need to make to support operating costs. They cant charge the same amount for just online classes, just isnt worth it as a student. They said there might be a lot of other small schools in the state that could be facing the same future. They reported that people from the college are going to  lose their jobs but they will try and absorb as much as possible to their main campus

11 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

To our New Zealand friends here, @hornbybrown, @Kiwibrown, I wish you comfort and peace as you remember and honour those fought for your country. I hope that despite the difficult times we're dealing with, you were able to remember your fallen.

ANZAC Day - Rotorua - Eventfinda  

thanks Buck, you are all class, 

We had a standing at dawn at your driveway as we couldnt go to our usual parades.

We do not have many vets left who fought in the wars, as we say here

least we forget

a bunch of men greater than I, have made a great world for me to live in despite all our troubles, I hope I can walk in their footsteps. 

• Like 3

Just based off the ratings for the draft, ESPN screwed up canceling the UFC fight. I still don’t get why they did it.

The NFL would have straight ***** smacked ESPN if Mickey Mouse said no to hosting the draft.

Edited by candyman93

15 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Just based off the ratings for the draft, ESPN screwed up canceling the UFC fight. I still don’t get why they did it.

The NFL would have straight ***** smacked ESPN if Mickey Mouse said no to hosting the draft.

I think it’s because of the whole deadly disease thing. 

• Like 1