Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Definitely recommend watching Last Dance if you haven’t had the chance yet.

If you’re looking for drama, you probably won’t like it.

It’s very “human.”

More of a "Step Up To The Streets 2" kinda guy myself, but I dig.

Edited by NudeTayne
*also, looks up "Last Dance"*

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Definitely recommend watching Last Dance if you haven’t had the chance yet.

If you’re looking for drama, you probably won’t like it.

It’s very “human.”

I’ve been disappointed so far. There’s been rumors about this footage for 20 years. Supposedly Jordan didn’t want it shown because it puts him in a bad light and he an a-hole. There’s been some stuff like that but nothing what it was hyped up to be. At least so far. 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’ve been disappointed so far. There’s been rumors about this footage for 20 years. Supposedly Jordan didn’t want it shown because it puts him in a bad light and he an a-hole. There’s been some stuff like that but nothing what it was hyped up to be. At least so far. 

I bet Mickey Mouse has some say as well

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Tell me something I don't know.

Before going on to make the greatest sketch television show in the history of the world, Portlandia, both Carrie Brownstein and Fred Armisen were members of two separate 90's punk bands of some repute. 

45 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Unpopular take:

I have always disliked Michael Jordan. 

Michael Jordan is the one and only superstar I relentlessly rooted against for his entire career. Looking back, I have no idea why I did so other than not liking his energy. 

Conversely, I was king bones at all times for Sir Charles, the only true GOAT Barkley.

@Gman

5 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Before going on to make the greatest sketch television show in the history of the world, Portlandia, both Carrie Brownstein and Fred Armisen were members of two separate 90's punk bands of some repute. 

tumblr_msh9mlOJ2h1sygx9ho1_540.gifv

You got me. Whilst (so Megaron will be able to follow) I was aware of Carrie Brownstein's prior accolades, indeed with the Free Armisen reveal you have told me something I did not know.

1 hour ago, NudeTayne said:

Michael Jordan is the one and only superstar I relentlessly rooted against for his entire career. Looking back, I have no idea why I did so other than not liking his energy. 

Conversely, I was king bones at all times for Sir Charles, the only true GOAT Barkley.

@Gman

tumblr_msh9mlOJ2h1sygx9ho1_540.gifv

You got me. Whilst (so Megaron will be able to follow) I was aware of Carrie Brownstein's prior accolades, indeed with the Free Armisen reveal you have told me something I did not know.

Sleater-Kinney was on Sub Pop, so if you were into Nirvana/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden in the 90's and even remotely curious about the surrounding scene, you may have been at least tangentially aware of Carrie because of the whole "riot grrrl" minor phenomenon occurring with the girls I was trying to sleep with at the time.

Having grown up in a small town before the dawn of the internet, the only way for me to expand my musical horizons was through the foldout catalogs that minor labels would include with the cassette that you purchased. You had to be resourceful back then, or it was Paula Abdul 24 hours a day on the radio. 

My EastWest records catalog from my purchase of Transnational Speedway League by Clutch led to owning a Trenchmouth tape, but I never really got into math rock/post-hardcore stuff. I knew of Fred because I am a drummer, and drummers know the name of every drummer from every band that they've ever listened to, as opposed to the names of every girl they've ever slept with.

Anyway, Barkley was a likable a-hole as opposed to Jordan. An easy to root for heel. Also, much less ubiquitous. 

I just don't like Jordan since booing him in 1988 at my first live NBA game when the Bulls beat the Cavs. 32 years later, still don't like him.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Sleater-Kinney was on Sub Pop, so if you were into Nirvana/Pearl Jam/Soundgarden in the 90's and even remotely curious about the surrounding scene, you may have been at least tangentially aware of Carrie because of the whole "riot grrrl" minor phenomenon occurring with the girls I was trying to sleep with at the time.

Actually saw Sleater-Kinney live maybe 15 years ago. They were good. 

Having grown up in a small town before the dawn of the internet, the only way for me to expand my musical horizons was through the foldout catalogs that minor labels would include with the cassette that you purchased. You had to be resourceful back then, or it was Paula Abdul 24 hours a day on the radio. 

Tread carefully, Sir. 

My EastWest records catalog from my purchase of Transnational Speedway League by Clutch led to owning a Trenchmouth tape, but I never really got into math rock/post-hardcore stuff. 

Phenomenal band name. Clutch was also a pretty good band, a underrated even. Also, some math rock, generally the stuff that isn't all noodley, is pretty neat. 

I knew of Fred because I am a drummer, and drummers know the name of every drummer from every band that they've ever listened to, as opposed to the names of every girl they've ever slept with.

Oh dag. All this time I didn't know you were a drummer. Do you still play somewhat regularly? Tayne on vocals, ditch on drums, @MistaBohmbastic on guitar...we're getting close.

Anyway, Barkley was a likable a-hole as opposed to Jordan. An easy to root for heel. Also, much less ubiquitous. 

But more turrible

I just don't like Jordan since booing him in 1988 at my first live NBA game when the Bulls beat the Cavs. 32 years later, still don't like him.

I don't like him 'cause he seems like a creep. But I think he is a creep, so there is that.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2