Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

To answer your question better @NudeTayne just wait. Give it 12-18 months. Yes, your interest rate will be higher, but your home will be cheaper and go up in value like normal when this is all over.

We’re about to “pay up” as a country over the next 12-18 months. We will get a false rally in July because certain tech companies are doing well.

I hope you're right.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

*Candyman gradually inches closer to joining me as a cynical libertarian…

☺️🥰😍

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I hope you're right.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

If I’m wrong, just yell at me when we’re in bread lines together.

July is going to be a month of lies.

1. You have people with COVID angst wanting to travel still. It’s also the summer.

2. You have parents moving, so it’s the last hot month to buy a house if you’re wanting to move. Parents don’t want to move kids during the school year.

3. You have tech companies like Apple still doing really well. They represent how consumers are feeling. They’re expected to do well next month.

4. You still have “summer jobs” which inflate jobs reports numbers.

5. US dollar still looks strong despite inflation (which blows my mind).

August is when you will REALLY start to notice a recession. It won’t reach its peak until a year from now though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I personally think theres going to be a recession but its hard to tell cause everythings ****ed. 

It’s sad how accurate and encompassing this statement is.

We’re a unique type of screwed. Which makes it terrifying.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I do pricing strategy for work. I personally think theres going to be a recession but its hard to tell cause everythings ****ed. 

Companies are pricing to curb demand and demand keeps going up. It makes no god damn sense. 

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s sad how accurate and encompassing this statement is.

We’re a unique type of screwed. Which makes it terrifying.

Do you guys ever read history books and think to yourselves:

”Wow those people were stupid…how’d they think this was going to end?”

Tell me, what country has ever gone trillions into debt or spent themselves out of a looming financial downturn and had it end well? X amount of years from now a collapse type situation is coming, and everyone is going to ask “how did this happen???” while ignoring decades of debt, theft from peoples pensions, government corruption from both parties while lining their own pockets, and Americans who can’t tell the difference between wants and needs or have any semblance of financial IQ. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Tell me, what country has ever gone trillions into debt or spent themselves out of a looming financial downturn and had it end well? X amount of years from now a collapse type situation is coming, and everyone is going to ask “how did this happen???” while ignoring decades of debt, theft from peoples pensions, government corruption from both parties while lining their own pockets, and Americans who can’t tell the difference between wants and needs or have any semblance of financial IQ. 

To be fair, nothing in human history has lasted forever.

Do people think the way China does things is built to last? Hell no. The people will one day riot and start a revolution, then it’s game over for them. This is also ignoring the fact that if we go down, they go with us.

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

To be fair, nothing in human history has lasted forever.

Do people think the way China does things is built to last? Hell no. The people will one day riot and start a revolution, then it’s game over for them. This is also ignoring the fact that if we go down, they go with us.

Yes, but I’m talking about basic economic principles in place for the downfalls of countless civilizations in the entirety of human history.

Oh and yeah, our economy and Chinas are tied together. They won’t come collecting or they’re screwed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Do you guys ever read history books and think to yourselves:

”Wow those people were stupid…how’d they think this was going to end?”

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yes, but I’m talking about basic economic principles in place for the downfalls of countless civilizations in the entirety of human history.

Oh and yeah, our economy and Chinas are tied together. They won’t come collecting or they’re screwed.

Rhetorical incoming: could it be a matter of perspective, that these collapsing societies were meant to collapse after every bit of wealth was extracted from those empires and aggregated out to the same controllers each time? Luckily that's not happening this time, though. Phew. For that to be the case the ultra-rich unaffiliated (global) controllers would have to increase their wealth while the world burns. 

Edited by NudeTayne

23 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I do pricing strategy for work. I personally think theres going to be a recession but its hard to tell cause everythings ****ed. 

Companies are pricing to curb demand and demand keeps going up. It makes no god damn sense. 

Personally, I'm just hoping for this 'recession' to deflate the housing market back to normalcy if there is going to be one.

If I'm able to get building materials at rock bottom prices b/c of the recession, build a new home and in 2 years when the house is finished the market will be corrected.

I know too many people who are absolutely loaded right now because theyade all of their property purchases in the 2008 recession and now their assets are worth double if not triple.

I want to be on that boat this time around if we are headed towards another market collapse 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Amazes me how the Star Wars writers completely ruined this villain. Like it was Game of Thrones last season bad.

You give him this amazing introduction and then “lol I’m actually a spy, just ignore the fact I obliterated billions of life forms.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Amazes me how the Star Wars writers completely ruined this villain. Like it was Game of Thrones last season bad.

You give him this amazing introduction and then “lol I’m actually a spy, just ignore the fact I obliterated billions of life forms.”

You’d have thought that people would learn that switching writers mid trilogy is a terrible idea, whether it’s this, the original Spiderman or X-Men (1-2 were great and 3 sucked)…pick a plot line and commit.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You’d have thought that people would learn that switching writers mid trilogy is a terrible idea, whether it’s this, the original Spiderman or X-Men (1-2 were great and 3 sucked)…pick a plot line and commit.

It just sucks because it had potential.

There were some nice pieces to build on. I disagree with other people because I actually liked what they did with Kylo Ren.

• Like 1