Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

14 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Players are all softer than baby **** and fans wonder why those teams get absolutely BODIED versus a physical team.

Absolutely. I hate how soft hockey has gotten. I was hoping Babcock would be the one to toughen up these pansys but management is a joke. Why hire someone like Babcock if he’s gonna have such a short leash. This sends a bad message to the players. 

On 9/17/2023 at 6:27 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

Absolutely. I hate how soft hockey has gotten. I was hoping Babcock would be the one to toughen up these pansys but management is a joke. Why hire someone like Babcock if he’s gonna have such a short leash. This sends a bad message to the players. 

Lol He was literally speaking with players, meeting with them and was insisting that they hand their phones over to him so that he could go through their camera rolls in order to 'get to know them'. 

Certified weirdo that has been fired by every team he's coached because all players hate him.If CBJ wanted toughness with no offensive ability they would have just kept Torts

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Lol He was literally speaking with players, meeting with them and was insisting that they hand their phones over to him so that he could go through their camera rolls in order to 'get to know them'. 

Certified weirdo that has been fired by every team he's coached because all players hate him.If CBJ wanted toughness with no offensive ability they would have just kept Torts

He’s an old guy who wanted to see pictures. I doubt it was anything malicious. He’s just out of touch. Also he wasn’t fired from Anaheim or Detroit. He left. 

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah it’s just funny/depressing every time.

A whole slew of actual issues that could be worked on and instead they’re making sure no one wears a hoodie while they do nothing of consequence.

Well, they do plenty of consequence. Just nothing positive, only negative.

• Like 1

Good evening gentlemen.....

Just wanted to drop this here, in case one of you might want to check it out.

The AFL Grand Final will be played at 12:30 a.m. eastern Saturday morning on FS1.

The Brisbane Lions (#2 on the ladder with a record of 19-6) heads to the Melbourne Cricket Ground to face off against the #1 Collingwood Magpies, with a record of 20-5).  

You may want to tune in to watch Mason Cox #41 of the Magpies, the 6'11" ruckman who played his college basketball with Marcus Smart at Oklahoma State.  

My club, Geelong won the premiership last year, but didn't make the finals this year.  I'll be up watching it live (and making homemade applesauce), but you an certainly set your DVR, and enjoy the 102,000 fans in the crowd, and KISS playing the pregame concert at the MCG with your toast and coffee.  

Here's a few videos that I put together on a google doc, in case anyone might want to check it out further.  @AkronsWitness

Edited by Bucketheadsdad
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Good evening gentlemen.....

Just wanted to drop this here, in case one of you might want to check it out.

The AFL Grand Final will be played at 12:30 a.m. eastern Saturday morning on FS1.

The Brisbane Lions (#2 on the ladder with a record of 19-6) heads to the Melbourne Cricket Ground to face off against the #1 Collingwood Magpies, with a record of 20-5).  

You may want to tune in to watch Mason Cox #41 of the Magpies, the 6'11" ruckman who played his college basketball with Marcus Smart at Oklahoma State.  

My club, Geelong won the premiership last year, but didn't make the finals this year.  I'll be up watching it live (and making homemade applesauce), but you an certainly set your DVR, and enjoy the 102,000 fans in the crowd, and KISS playing the pregame concert at the MCG with your toast and coffee.  

Good watch as somebody who knows nothing about Australian rules football. That guy at 7ft playing a sport that physical seems nuts considering we cant keep any of these 7ft string beans on the NBA court for more than 20 games without hurting something in their knees/ankles/feet.

One thing I noticed about the game itself is that it looks like Rugby, Quidditch and Basketball blended together. I was almost shocked when he was listing the names of the games it associates with and didnt mention Rugby because it look like a Rugby spinoff.

Glad I got to know more and these dudes make NBA players seem like punks. They are 20-30 something years old and actually hitting eachother like its backyard football with no pads full speed. You gotta be a special sort of crazy.

I did it when I was a flexible teen. I cant imaging being in my 30s with no pads on hitting people like that lol 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1