Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

@NateDawg @sdrawkcab321

@buno67

Thanks guys. I’m having our realtor talk with them. She’s great and hopefully it doesn’t come down to the city getting involved. I’ll give them a few days and then call them if I have to though.

We are moving to a small town just outside the suburbs about 20 minutes away. Bought 2 acres and building our house.

Congrats my man!  Get ready to hate eveyone associated with the home building industry :) 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yeah I did not love building my own home. 

It seems so nice at first and it’s just one unnecessary disappointment after another. Nothing too major for us, but just stuff you look at like “y’all couldnt figure this ish out?”

I don’t mean to be discouraging, I’d still likely build again in the future, I’d just have a better idea of what I was getting into and tempered expectations.

15 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It seems so nice at first and it’s just one unnecessary disappointment after another. Nothing too major for us, but just stuff you look at like “y’all couldnt figure this ish out?”

I don’t mean to be discouraging, I’d still likely build again in the future, I’d just have a better idea of what I was getting into and tempered expectations.

Yeah building a 2nd time around would be a lot better because we actually have an idea what is going on. I just hated it that I painted the entire house by myself right I primered and painted just about every wall in the house. Had help in my living room cause the walls were so tall. I also painted every door and painted about 75% of all the trim. It sucked. Saved like $20k+ doing It myself tho. Do catch shtt from my wife about how it’s not perfect. Always tell what did you expect. I would work all day and than paint until 8-9pm. Of course it’s not going to be perfect but it was free 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah building a 2nd time around would be a lot better because we actually have an idea what is going on. I just hated it that I painted the entire house by myself right I primered and painted just about every wall in the house. Had help in my living room cause the walls were so tall. I also painted every door and painted about 75% of all the trim. It sucked. Saved like $20k+ doing It myself tho. Do catch shtt from my wife about how it’s not perfect. Always tell what did you expect. I would work all day and than paint until 8-9pm. Of course it’s not going to be perfect but it was free 

Oh Jesus good point about the paint.  @MWil23 the builder paint sucks, either paint yourself before you move in or pay someone.  

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh Jesus good point about the paint.  @MWil23 the builder paint sucks, either paint yourself before you move in or pay someone.  

My wife is doing all the painting and I’m doing all the flooring/tiling. We are going to save thousands and it’s going to look nice too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

My wife is doing all the painting and I’m doing all the flooring/tiling. We are going to save thousands and it’s going to look nice too.

imo pay for carpet.  dad was a floor installer and holy **** carpet is rough on the body.  id personally also pay for someone to do the shower tiling too.  imo you usually can tell when thats not done professionally

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mistakey said:

imo pay for carpet.  dad was a floor installer and holy **** carpet is rough on the body.  id personally also pay for someone to do the shower tiling too.  imo you usually can tell when thats not done professionally

Did my entire bathroom last year. Tiling a shower is hard. Gravity and time are working against you. I saved thousands of dollars, but you can tell an amateur did it. 

• Like 2