Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

Just now, MKnight82 said:

He looked god awful against the Redskins.  I wouldn't trade anything for him.

He's not healthy.  

He's also not really a TE, he's a big WR masquerading as a move TE.  I don't think his IRL value is nearly the same as his fantasy perception - which means few to any GM's are trading for him.

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

What teams would potentially be interested in Evan Engram? I want him gone and I know some teams would want him. He's 1 year removed from being a top-25 pick and if you think you can mitigate his drop issues, he could be really good.

Patriots could realistically offer a third and another pick.

Just now, Broncofan said:

He's not healthy.  

He's also not really a TE, he's a big WR masquerading as a move TE.  I don't think his IRL value is nearly the same as his fantasy perception - which means few to any GM's are trading for him.

He drops like every pass thrown to him.  If he's a WR, he's a terrible one.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Can't imagine the Giants would be shopping him. Why would you want him gone? 

He has serious mental lapses that result in a lot of drops. He also doesn't fit what Shurmur wants in his tight ends. He much prefers Rhett Ellison types that are bigger and can block, even if that means they aren't a serious receiving threat like Engram is.

1 minute ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Because he's a borderline liability on the field over the past 2 years and is getting by on name recognition alone. Now, would that be a 2nd rounder or 3rd rounder?

Wasn't he just 2nd team All Pro or something?  How is he a liability on the field?

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Wasn't he just 2nd team All Pro or something?  How is he a liability on the field?

Yes, he was for some reason I have no idea how that happened. He's a liability on the field for the following reasons:

A) He's too slow to keep up with any RB's or TE's. His speed has been steadily declining as he's put on weight over the past few years and this year it's become painfully obvious he just cannot play in space.

See: https://www.panthers.com/video/dj-moore-turns-fumble-into-28-yard-gain

B) His tackling has gone downhill, too. Yesterday alone he missed at least 4 tackles on ball carries that weren't in the open field. Furthermore, over the past couple of weeks he's been getting dragged by ball carriers for 5+ yards when attempting to tackle. It's just sad to watch.

C) He's constantly lost in coverage, or a step (or more) behind his guy because of exhibit A above.

For all of those reasons, I see absolutely no reason why the Ravens should want to dish out a huge extension to a guy who is not only a liability on passing downs, but a liability against the run and in open space. If Mosley sheds a lot of weight and gets his speed back, he can be a good player. Until then, he's just surviving on his name recognition from the first couple of years in the league when he actually was good.

Archived