Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Talent was never a problem for him, that's for sure. Always been health. I think showing that he was fully healthy could certainly move things along with regards to a possible trade. Though in Miami's case, after losing all of their wide receivers, I'm not sure how much you'd really want to trade him at this point either. 

Yeah, that's the issue.  Jakeem Grant just can't play 3-WR sets regularly.  They will get him killed and he'll lose gadget-play/ST effectiveness.   Plus, he can't be used as a possession guy, his catch radius is about that of a Pop Warner player. 

If MIA traded him, it would be because Gase really doesn't believe in him.  It would be cutting off the nose to spite his face, with Albert Wilson gone, though.   Parker/Stills outside, and Dola inside (and then leaves in UFA, and Wilson in slot in 2019), it works perfectly.  The only reason MIA trades Parker is because Gase doesn't believe in him.

17 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

DEN's not trading him unless someone overpays in a huge way.   Sanders has the flexibility to play many positions.   Sutton is meant to really play DT's X position.   That's why you're all hearing about DT as the trade target.

Anything's possible, but Sander's 10M savings isn't really a needle-mover, given he's our WR1, and Elway still thinks 2019 is salvageable (it's not, but he's not built to think that way).  So, no likely scenario of a Sanders trade, unless it's a horrible overpay.   DT, on the other hand, isn't coming back at 14.5M for 2019, so DEN will pretty much take anything that's even remotely valuable. 

Agreed, don't think Sanders is going anywhere. If there was a time to strike on Sanders and acquire him, it was prior to this season (something I wanted the niners to do) 

Talent was never a problem for him, that's for sure. Always been health. I think showing that he was fully healthy could certainly move things along with regards to a possible trade. Though in Miami's case, after losing all of their wide receivers, I'm not sure how much you'd really want to trade him at this point either. 

Depending on the reports, performance in practice/camp was also a factor.  Despite the hype rolling into just about every camp, including this summer's, when nut-cutting time came around, Parker always seemed to allow himself to be outshined by lesser talent.

Agreed, don't think Sanders is going anywhere. If there was a time to strike on Sanders and acquire him, it was prior to this season (something I wanted the niners to do) 

Yeah, that was clearly a window, because there was a very real fear the injuries and off-field stuff (nasty, nasty divorce) had Sanders on the decline.  Now that those issues are put to rest...no discount coming.  It would take a 1st to even get Elway's attention...which obviously, for a 31 year-old WR, isn't happening, not from any sane team, anyways.

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Depending on the reports, performance in practice/camp was also a factor.  Despite the hype rolling into just about every camp, including this summer's, when nut-cutting time came around, Parker always seemed to allow himself to be outshined by lesser talent.

To be fair, the performance issue was that Xavien Howard was owning his soul in camp.   I think we can see that might not be an indictment on Parker as much as it is a reflection on Howard's breakout campaign (which if ppl were paying attention, started last year, this was just a continuation).

2 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Yeah, that's the issue.  Jakeem Grant just can't play 3-WR sets regularly.  They will get him killed and he'll lose gadget-play/ST effectiveness.   Plus, he can't be used as a possession guy, his catch radius is about that of a Pop Warner player. 

If MIA traded him, it would be because Gase really doesn't believe in him.  It would be cutting off the nose to spite his face, with Albert Wilson gone, though.   Parker/Stills outside, and Dola inside (and then leaves in UFA, and Wilson in slot in 2019), it works perfectly.  The only reason MIA trades Parker is because Gase doesn't believe in him.

They do have Caroo who they promoted from the practice squad earlier in the week who is more the possession type, but LIS in the other posts, were it not for the dead money dragging down their available cap-space, Miami and Tannebaum feel more like buyers than seller to me as they're kind of overachieving on the season.

5 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Then again, Tannenbaum is their GM, so anything is possible...

Yeah, the X-factor.  I rule nothing out in MIA lol.  We almost had RT Juwan James brought in for RB CJ Anderson (instead of going Gore in FA) and a Day 2 pick swap this offseason.   Sadly, there's a limit to even how crazy Tannebaum can be.  Oh well, opportunity lost. 

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

They do have Caroo who they promoted from the practice squad earlier in the week who is more the possession type, but LIS in the other posts, were it not for the dead money dragging down their available cap-space, Miami and Tannebaum feel more like buyers than seller to me as they're kind of overachieving on the season.

Trading Parker might get them an OL/run game stopper, which would make far more sense than a pick given Tannebaum's win-now mentality, TBH.   But yeah, count nothing out with Tannenbaum.  Then again, that pick could get the DL / OL upgrade they need.  We'll see.

Carr to Miami

Miami gets Carr and 2020 4th

Oakland gets 2019 1st

Why would Miami do this? 

Moving from Tannehill to Carr is a lateral move. It doesn't move the needle one bit and it just leaves Miami in QB purgatory. I can't see any team that potentially has a top 10-12 pick giving up their first round pick for Carr. 

It makes zero sense to do so. 

1 hour ago, game3525 said:

Why would Miami do this? 

Moving from Tannehill to Carr is a lateral move. It doesn't move the needle one bit and it just leaves Miami in QB purgatory. I can't see any team that potentially has a top 10-12 pick giving up their first round pick for Carr. 

Yeah, that's a very fair point.

I do think that the Raiders, if they want to fully embrace the tank - would sell Carr if they knew it gets them a 1.1 or 1.2 pick (Oliver/Bosa) to replace Mack.  That takes a TON of heat off Gruden for dealing Mack away.

So I could see a 3rd rd pick from MIA, with OAK converting a large amount of 2018 salary to bonus, so they can absorb some the $ MIA can't afford, as feasible.    

And before Raider fans say no way....remember, Gruden's clearly wanting to make a name for himself on the 2019 draft.   Trading Cooper away was just another step in that direction.   Trading Carr would almost certainly seal a top 2 pick (ARI and BUF and NYG are trying hard though lol).   That has value in of itself, especially if they are walking away from Carr no matter what.  But yeah, I don't see a 1st round either for MIA.  I could see a 3rd, given how Tannenbaum discounts picks.

Then again, given how crazy Tannenbaum is, as others have mentioned, anything's possible - but yeah, doesn't seem rational.

3 hours ago, game3525 said:

Why would Miami do this? 

They wouldn't.  Carr is better than Tannehill, and then you add in that Carr is a bit more durable than Tannehill.  But the problem is that this isn't a huge upgrade for Miami.  At least not enough to deal a first round pick.

Archived