Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

On 10/24/2018 at 8:10 AM, Anonymous said:

Apparently DeSean Jackson and Pierre Garcon are on the trade block as well.

Will Fuller tore his ACL last night. Given his skillset and what he brings to this offense - I'm calling the Bucs on Jackson if I'm the Texans GM.

On the 'Stick To Football' podcast with Bleacher Report scout and NFL insider Matt Miller and Connor Rodgers, Miller reported the Giants are unlikely to trade safety Landon Collins.

"Another name I've heard teams have called on is Landon Collins" Miller said. "Teams are at least poking around to the Giants, like hey, are you moving this guy? It sounds like they are not interested in trading him, so we're not going to see him moved."

One team that has likely already called Giants general manager Dave Gettleman about trading for Collins is the Kansas City Chiefs. With injuries to Eric Berry and weaknesses in their secondary, the Chiefs were rumored to be interested in trading for Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas earlier this season before he landed on injured reserve.

"I've heard the Chiefs are going to try to be aggressive," Miller said. "I think Andy Reid and Brett Veach are going to try be aggressive to make moves and sure up that defense. If there is any move out there that can improve their defense they are going to try to get it done."

Just now, Broncofan said:

All I know is that if MIA still is willing to trade Devante Parker for a 3rd round pick, a lot more teams got interested after last night.

He has very good traits. Could go off on a team with an elite QB.

2 hours ago, EL Guapo said:

On the 'Stick To Football' podcast with Bleacher Report scout and NFL insider Matt Miller and Connor Rodgers, Miller reported the Giants are unlikely to trade safety Landon Collins.

"Another name I've heard teams have called on is Landon Collins" Miller said. "Teams are at least poking around to the Giants, like hey, are you moving this guy? It sounds like they are not interested in trading him, so we're not going to see him moved."

One team that has likely already called Giants general manager Dave Gettleman about trading for Collins is the Kansas City Chiefs. With injuries to Eric Berry and weaknesses in their secondary, the Chiefs were rumored to be interested in trading for Seattle Seahawks safety Earl Thomas earlier this season before he landed on injured reserve.

"I've heard the Chiefs are going to try to be aggressive," Miller said. "I think Andy Reid and Brett Veach are going to try be aggressive to make moves and sure up that defense. If there is any move out there that can improve their defense they are going to try to get it done."

Glad to hear this. He is a captain and should be a part of the rebuild. You don't give up on young talent.

1 hour ago, Asciimo said:

whats emm. sanders got left in the tank and whats his contract look like? pats had wanted him years ago. ALWAYS mr. reliable.

12 minutes ago, N4L said:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/emmanuel-sanders-6590/ 

Looks reasonable. 

I wanted the niners to trade for him and talib in the off-season. 

DEN's not trading him unless someone overpays in a huge way.   Sanders has the flexibility to play many positions.   Sutton is meant to really play DT's X position.   That's why you're all hearing about DT as the trade target.

Anything's possible, but Sander's 10M savings isn't really a needle-mover, given he's our WR1, and Elway still thinks 2019 is salvageable (it's not, but he's not built to think that way).  So, no likely scenario of a Sanders trade, unless it's a horrible overpay.   DT, on the other hand, isn't coming back at 14.5M for 2019, so DEN will pretty much take anything that's even remotely valuable. 

On 10/24/2018 at 5:45 PM, BayRaider said:

Carr to Miami

Miami gets Carr and 2020 4th

Oakland gets 2019 1st

Can't happen salary-cap wise.  Carr's remaining monies-owed on 2018 is fully guaranteed (which would carry to his new team), 90% cash-to-cap as far as the hit goes (it could be moved, but it would be difficult), and the amount exceeds (or at minimum would eat up every remaining bit) the just under $7m in cap space that the Dolphins have left, which means that they'd need to find some space to accommodate the LTBE's they're anticipating having to pay out on contracts of their current players.  Miami simply took on too much dead money unloading the contracts of Suh and other such players in the off-season to be able to do this deal.

I had read a tweet from one of the more reputable big name sources (don't remember which one off-hand and it remains possible they were trying to just stir up clicks) that the expectation was that considerably more "bigger names" than usual would be moving around was high this deadline.

Just now, The LBC said:

Can't happen salary-cap wise.  Carr's remaining monies-owed on 2018 is fully guaranteed (which would carry to his new team), 90% cash-to-cap as far as the hit goes (it could be moved, but it would be difficult), and the amount exceeds (or at minimum would eat up every remaining bit) the just under $7m in cap space that the Dolphins have left, which means that they'd need to find some space to accommodate the LTBE's they're anticipating having to pay out on contracts of their current players.  Miami simply took on too much dead money unloading the contracts of Suh and other such players in the off-season to be able to do this deal.

There is one way - OAK converts the salary to a bonus except 1M vet min (of which MIA takes 500K).

Other than that, though, yeah, you're right.  The $ doesn't work, but if OAK is willing to eat a bunch of that $, then it's possible.

The bigger issue is that Carr looks so broken, I don't know that any team will pay a 1st.   We just had that discussion on DEN's forum, and I certainly wouldn't.  Some guys wouldn't even take him as a FA, which I think is a bridge too far (because he has played well in the past, and the problems he has encountered haven't been solely his fault - just that enough time facing pressure like he has, and with the injuries he's had, it can break a player - Eli right now is clear proof of that, and Carr's brother David a somewhat lazy but still relevant example holds too).

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

All I know is that if MIA still is willing to trade Devante Parker for a 3rd round pick, a lot more teams got interested after last night.

Talent was never a problem for him, that's for sure. Always been health. I think showing that he was fully healthy could certainly move things along with regards to a possible trade. Though in Miami's case, after losing all of their wide receivers, I'm not sure how much you'd really want to trade him at this point either. 

Just now, Broncofan said:

There is one way - OAK converts the salary to a bonus except 1M vet min (of which MIA takes 500K).

Other than that, though, yeah, you're right.  The $ doesn't work, but if OAK is willing to eat a bunch of that $, then it's possible.

The bigger issue is that Carr looks so broken, I don't know that any team will pay a 1st.   We just had that discussion on DEN's forum, and I certainly wouldn't.  Some guys wouldn't even take him as a FA, which I think is a bridge too far (because he has played well in the past, and the problems he has encountered haven't been solely his fault - just that enough time facing pressure like he has, and with the injuries he's had, it can break a player - Eli right now is clear proof of that, and Carr's brother David a somewhat lazy but still relevant example holds too).

Raiders are in a similar position where they have a similar cap-number currently to Miami.  Now, yes, they'd be shedding Carr's $25m number which frees up space, but ultimately what I'm getting at is that the kind of deal/contract-adjustment that would have to go do to facilitate this trade being do-able this season would put Miami into a position wherein they're taking on a worser contract and tying themselves to Carr for the conceivable future (it would almost assuredly serve to wipe out the easy-out that the Raiders had built in that's coming up) before seeing how he plays a single snap for them (not quite the Tannehill contract situation all over again, but similar in terms of scope).

Then again, Tannenbaum is their GM, so anything is possible...

Archived