Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

19 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'd take DT - doesn't fit the bill completely, but would draw a lot of attention and could keep the top of the defense open for the underneath stuff.

Honestly, if we got Mercilus for Roby and DT, Elway should run to the phone.  We'd get a cheap 2nd EDGE, can let Chubb play a little more 3-4 DE on other downs, and it's cap friendly too.   Nobrainer 2019 move.

Again, though, I don't really see why HOU would do this.  It would weaken one of their key elements that makes up for bad pass coverage.   They can just give up a Day 3 pick IMO and get Roby/DT IMO (like, a 4th might get it done for both, ok maybe a 4th and 6th, given how scarce CB's are, and a 4th for Roby alone).

2 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

I'd trade a 5th if a reasonable extension can be worked out. Gase loves him some slot wr/rb hybrid.

Is that you, Mike Tannenbaum?  RB's are so disposable, that's a huge overpay.  And yes, 5th rounders are pretty meh in terms of actual value - it's just that a guy like Monty has literally no trade value.   

Nothing against the idea of upgrading the O, but Monty has sickle cell trait, and can't stay on the field, or take a full load.  Why on earth would ANYONE trade any pick for him?  GB is going to release him very shortly, and certainly not going to try and re-sign him.  

10 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Is that you, Mike Tannenbaum?  RB's are so disposable, that's a huge overpay.  And yes, 5th rounders are pretty meh in terms of actual value - it's just that a guy like Monty has literally no trade value.   

Nothing against the idea of upgrading the O, but Monty has sickle cell trait, and can't stay on the field, or take a full load.  Why on earth would ANYONE trade any pick for him?  GB is going to release him very shortly, and certainly not going to try and re-sign him.  

a 5th Rounder for Sutton.. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Why are S so undervalued nowadays!? GB listening for Ha-Ha, Giants listening for Collins, Seattle and ET - this is nuts, why!?

I'm still not totally convinced the Packers are shopping HHCD.  I think they'd move him for the right offer, but I certainly wouldn't think they're shopping him.

Just now, ET80 said:

It really baffles me that there isn't a bigger market for Conley. 

I'd imagine the asking price is too high. Buying teams will point to Eli Apple, Raiders will point to the very recent investment. But I still think teams will bite on both of those guys. CBs are in demand and they are the only 2 decent options available with P2 pulling himself off the market.

Archived