Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

1 minute ago, minutemancl said:

I'd imagine the asking price is too high. Buying teams will point to Eli Apple, Raiders will point to the very recent investment. But I still think teams will bite on both of those guys. CBs are in demand and they are the only 2 decent options available with P2 pulling himself off the market.

I wouldn't look a gifted horse in the mouth - open discussion with a 3rd/2020 3rd and go from there.

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm still not totally convinced the Packers are shopping HHCD.  I think they'd move him for the right offer, but I certainly wouldn't think they're shopping him.

Yeah, you have to explain this to me. Obvi, not watching a ton of Packers game, but the talk I had always heard was Haha was good. Now we are hearing him being shopped, he's talking about his time being up there (after this season even if not traded). Is he really not good and it's just one of those "living off reputation" things? 49ers could really use a safety next year, so either through FA or trade I'd look at HaHa, but not sure what's going on there. 

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I wouldn't look a gifted horse in the mouth - open discussion with a 3rd/2020 3rd and go from there.

I said it in the 49er forum that a Solomon Thomas - Conley type exchange could make a lot of sense for both teams. I think the 49ers would probably be inclined to want something more than Conley back, but I can't imagine it would be a ton. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I said it in the 49er forum that a Solomon Thomas - Conley type exchange could make a lot of sense for both teams. I think the 49ers would probably be inclined to want something more than Conley back, but I can't imagine it would be a ton. 

Solomon Thomas? Has he not lived up to his billing? I remember people thinking he's another Aaron Donald...

1 minute ago, BStanRamFan said:

Really hoping the Rams go after Dante Fowler. Need a pass rusher badly.

Still not sure you're actually getting that from Fowler. 

I don't know that I get the FF love for Fowler. Seems to be everywhere and I'm really not sure if he's good? 

Think I need Jags fans to help me out here. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, you have to explain this to me. Obvi, not watching a ton of Packers game, but the talk I had always heard was Haha was good. Now we are hearing him being shopped, he's talking about his time being up there (after this season even if not traded). Is he really not good and it's just one of those "living off reputation" things? 49ers could really use a safety next year, so either through FA or trade I'd look at HaHa, but not sure what's going on there. 

LIS, I'm not totally convinced he's being shopped so much as they're willing to listen to offers.  If someone offered a 1st, they'd probably run and take that deal.  But that's not happening.  He's a bit inconsistent.  He's been one of the best safeties in the league in terms of forcing turnovers, but he's been really inconsistent with the angles he's taking to the ball carrier, he's a bit soft in run support, and has a tendency to over pursue.  Still, I'd say he's a high quality starter who probably gets dumped on a bit too much by Packers' fans.

Just now, ET80 said:

Solomon Thomas? Has he not lived up to his billing? I remember people thinking he's another Aaron Donald...

He's been pretty bad when it comes to being a pass rusher, and you don't spend the #3 overall pick on a competent run stuffer.  His snap counts have been highly volatile in some cases this year (He's largely around 50% though). He just can't rush the passer from the edge. He's a 3t, which also happens to be our deepest position on the line so he's not what we need. The team likes to keep him on the edge when he's so much clearly a better interior rusher. But we have Buckner and Day as 3 techs, Armstead can play there as well, etc. Still doesn't have a sack this year. I'd have more faith in him turning it around for the 49ers if the team were more committed to rushing him from the inside. He's had a slight uptick in this recently (as he did toward the end of last year as well), but i don't know if it will last. So the deal could make a lot of sense given how bad our corners are outside of Sherman. 

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

LIS, I'm not totally convinced he's being shopped so much as they're willing to listen to offers.  If someone offered a 1st, they'd probably run and take that deal.  But that's not happening.  He's a bit inconsistent.  He's been one of the best safeties in the league in terms of forcing turnovers, but he's been really inconsistent with the angles he's taking to the ball carrier, he's a bit soft in run support, and has a tendency to over pursue.  Still, I'd say he's a high quality starter who probably gets dumped on a bit too much by Packers' fans.

The 49ers need to go after him after the season in free agency hard if this is the case lol. We have the most turnover averse secondary imaginable, that's perfect for us, even if he makes some other mistakes. 

What teams would potentially be interested in Evan Engram? I want him gone and I know some teams would want him. He's 1 year removed from being a top-25 pick and if you think you can mitigate his drop issues, he could be really good.

Can't imagine the Giants would be shopping him. Why would you want him gone? 

What teams would potentially be interested in Evan Engram? I want him gone and I know some teams would want him. He's 1 year removed from being a top-25 pick and if you think you can mitigate his drop issues, he could be really good.

He looked god awful against the Redskins.  I wouldn't trade anything for him.

34 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

What CBs are available, realistically? 

27 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Janoris Jenkins, Gareon Conley and that's about it

Add Bradley Roby to the list.   He's a UFA at the end of the year, and a terrible fit for our press man system.  He's more of an off-coverage zone fit, or at least as the 3rd CB if you are going to put him in press coverage.    Won't be expensive, something like Apple range, except with no cheap years left, probably a 4th is too high - I'd guess a 5th might get it done, a 4th would certainly do it.

Jenkins has been really bad this year, though.  I mean, from that list, it's pretty easily:

Conley

HUGE GAP

Roby
Jenkins

HUGE GAP

no one...

Archived