Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

3 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Does Houston have interest in DT type of trade now?

I don't know that it would solve their problem.   Fuller does a lot of things when he's healthy for HOU, but the one thing he does most is offer a lid lifter deep threat that forces the safeties to not cheat to Hopkins' side.  We saw what happens when they do last week, as we have many weeks.

DT is a post-up, precise pattern runner, who can box out and shield guys from the ball (when he's not dropping easy balls, he makes the insanely difficult ones).   He's not a YAC monster anymore, and he's not a real deep threat anymore.  So he really doesn't add what HOU needs.   It would really curious for them to do that kind of move, unless they are worried Coutee isn't coming back anytime soon (then, they need help for both deep and short-medium area threats, and then DT makes more sense).  As long as Coutee is ok, I don't see DT to HOU as likely.

Honestly, HOU should be targeting Parker from MIA, or a Sterling Shepard from NYG, or even a Marquise Goodwin from SF, or JJ Nelson from ARI.     Now, Shepard / Goodwin are still in NYG/SF's long term plans.   Who knows what MIA is thinking.    Honestly, the easy fit would be a burner on a rebuilder who has no long-term plans in mind - one example would be JJ Nelson from ARI, as they would probably not take much (a conditional 5th/6th), and clearly they have no aspirations to keep him long-term.   A lid-lifter is what HOU needs now.    Likewise, DAL should be shopping Deonte Thompson, and like Nelson, should be happy with a late day 3 pick, now that they have Cooper (like a conditional 6th/7th).

Once Coutee is back, HOU will have 2 short-medium threats with Nuk/Coutee, and a burner like Nelson/Thompson would provide the deep coverage.   Of course, Goodwin/Shepard/Parker would all provide that deep threat...and so much more to HOU's O, but they will also cost a LOT more.  Given HOU will want to address trenches and CB next year (and trenches are a huge strength in next year's draft), it's far more likely you see a smaller deal to get a burner-only type guy.

It was discussed heavily in the TNF thread, but now so more wrinkles - apparently, D-Jax isn't so happy about his role in Tampa as the #3/#4 target.   Doubt a 32-year old guy gets much, and Koetter / Licht are in the hot seat to keep their 2019 jobs, which is why Tampa is resisting at 3-3 to deal anyone, but you never know...

38 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It was discussed heavily in the TNF thread, but now so more wrinkles - apparently, D-Jax isn't so happy about his role in Tampa as the #3/#4 target.   Doubt a 32-year old guy gets much, and Koetter / Licht are in the hot seat to keep their 2019 jobs, which is why Tampa is resisting at 3-3 to deal anyone, but you never know...

Watch Vietch ship a 6th or 7th rounder their way to reunite him with Andy Reid again. Imagine him in the slot in this Chiefs offense, lol.

1 minute ago, VexMilkWaterfall said:

Watch Vietch ship a 6th or 7th rounder their way to remote him with Andy Reid again. Imagine him in the slot in this Chiefs offense, lol.

He wants more targets, not to be 5th or 6th on the totem pole. Would be scary though!

My only concern with him joining the Eagles. Wentz spreads the ball around to everyone.

No Wallace (IR)✓

No Hollins (IR)✓

Need for a Deep threat ✓

Make it happen Howie.

35 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He wants more targets, not to be 5th or 6th on the totem pole. Would be scary though!

My only concern with him joining the Eagles. Wentz spreads the ball around to everyone.

No Wallace (IR)✓

No Hollins (IR)✓

Need for a Deep threat ✓

Make it happen Howie.

Problem is the $.  Seems like Phi would chase a CB more TBH.   But who knows.  

HOU seems like the natural fit they need the deep threat lif lifter with Fuller on IR. 

11 hours ago, Forge said:

Improbably, 49ers apparently are getting calls about Garcon according to shefty. Score one for incarcerated Bob I guess

That's probably aimed at driving whatever unreasonable price Elway is asking for DT.   I think either would go for a 5th pretty easily, SF would of course take it and run.

Just now, Broncofan said:

That's probably aimed at driving whatever unreasonable price Elway is asking for DT.   I think either would go for a 5th pretty easily, SF would of course take it and run.

We better take a fifth and run lol

On 10/25/2018 at 5:42 PM, Heinz D. said:
On 10/25/2018 at 7:47 AM, SmittyBacall said:

I'm in the opposite boat for a tanking team.They are in the process of a complete rebuild and I don't think his value to the team is worth foregoing extra draft picks. I'd flip him for what he's worth now to a semi-desperate team like Philly trying to make a playoff push because his value is going to steadily go down. 

Yeah the team is better with him on the roster, but in the grand scheme of things what's the point and does that really matter at this stage?

Well...first and foremost, because they said they're not trading McCoy.

No they didn't. Pretty noncommittal if you ask me. And I don't really see what PR has to do with a tanking team. McCoy isn't the difference between filling the seats or not. 

“LeSean’s one of our better players. I thought he had a good game the other day. We’re just looking forward to playing the Houston Texans. We get calls all the time. Incoming calls all the time. [General manager] Brandon (Beane) and I talk a lot. I won’t go into any more detail than that,” McDermott said. And McDermott was serious about not getting into more details.“I’m not going to go into any more detail like I said,” McDermott added.

On 10/28/2018 at 8:53 AM, Broncofan said:

Problem is the $.  Seems like Phi would chase a CB more TBH.   But who knows.  

HOU seems like the natural fit they need the deep threat lif lifter with Fuller on IR. 

If Brice Butler is the guy the Texans settle on to fill this gap, it's a failure on Brian Gaine's part. Rarely does a positional loss align with a trade request so nicely - and with a lead on the division, you have a big opportunity to keep that going with a rather minimal investment on a proven deep threats that would probably connect very well with Deshaun Watson. 

There is no issues with cap space, so the Texans could feasibility afford both Jackson and someone like Gareon Conley or Bradley Roby - and with $86mm cap space on tap for 2019, you could retain those guys, sign JD Clowney to a big deal and still have cash left over.

Unless the Bucs are expecting a 1st/2nd/3rd round pick, this is a no brainer.

Archived