Trade Deadline Thread

SmittyBacall

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

He’s a way better QB than Ryan Tannehil.. and I’m of Carrs biggest critics. 

Tannehil looks like a half decent QB because of Adam gase. 

I've been critical of both, just dont think he is significant enough of an upgrade to not a take a chance on a rookie QB knowing what you already know about Carr. 

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

They've said he isn't, and frankly, at this point, it would be stupid of them to trade him. 

Why? He's a thirty year old running back with one year left on his deal. He has no future with this team, and Buffalo has a historically bad offense that will probably take more than one year to fix... And adding pieces is just part of it. They still have to hope Allen becomes competent. 

11 hours ago, Heinz D. said:
23 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

Buffalo - Lesean McCoy

They've said he isn't, and frankly, at this point, it would be stupid of them to trade him. 

I'm in the opposite boat for a tanking team.They are in the process of a complete rebuild and I don't think his value to the team is worth foregoing extra draft picks. I'd flip him for what he's worth now to a semi-desperate team like Philly trying to make a playoff push because his value is going to steadily go down. 

Yeah the team is better with him on the roster, but in the grand scheme of things what's the point and does that really matter at this stage?

Rumors are anyone on the Giants defense is available for the right price. I'd hate to see it, but I can see Landon Collins being traded. If Eli Apple netted a 4th and 7th, we'd have to get at least a 2nd for him. Jackrabbit is obviously on the block. BJ Goodson has some trade value. The belief is Olivier Vernon is NOT on the trade block.

21 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Rumors are anyone on the Giants defense is available for the right price. I'd hate to see it, but I can see Landon Collins being traded. If Eli Apple netted a 4th and 7th, we'd have to get at least a 2nd for him. Jackrabbit is obviously on the block. BJ Goodson has some trade value. The belief is Olivier Vernon is NOT on the trade block.

Isn't Collins a FA right away?

1 hour ago, minutemancl said:

I can't imagine any team would take on that contract unless he came with a hefty paycut.

15 minutes ago, SmittyBacall said:

Question: Should the tanking Giants trade Odell?

If Amari Cooper can net a first, you have to think Odell would cost at least two firsts. That could be tough to turn down for a rebuilding franchise. 

Odell is here to stay. For one, he was signed by the current FO to a long term deal, so unless they thought Eli would be the QB for the next 5 years, he was going to be part of any rebuild that happened soon. Two, his contract dead money hits are massive. Three, he is one of the best WRs in the NFL and will be the new QB's best friend. This isn't a Mack situation where we can't pay him; he's already been paid and will be part of the rebuild.

EDIT: The other thing is he was shopped in the offseason already and no one was biting on the 2 firsts asking price. Odell is in NY for the long term.

2 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

If Amari Cooper can net a first, you have to think Odell would cost at least two firsts. That could be tough to turn down for a rebuilding franchise. 

Odell is part of the solution, not the problem.

If the Bills could get a ham sandwich for Shady, they should be ordering the mustard.  

Shady doesn't make them good enough to be a .500 team...and he's on the wrong side of 30.   Trade him, while he has any value.  Sadly for BUF, his off-field risk for 2019+ investigation/suspension means it's probably no better than a 5th, but even then, BUF should be on the phone.  They might as well spend a day 3 pick next year on a young RB who might be decent...when it makes a difference, and save the 9M from this year & next.

17 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Why is it stupid to trade Shady?

9 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I'm in the opposite boat for a tanking team.They are in the process of a complete rebuild and I don't think his value to the team is worth foregoing extra draft picks. I'd flip him for what he's worth now to a semi-desperate team like Philly trying to make a playoff push because his value is going to steadily go down. 

Yeah the team is better with him on the roster, but in the grand scheme of things what's the point and does that really matter at this stage?

Well...first and foremost, because they said they're not trading McCoy. That puts a PR slant to anything they do with him. Plus, they're selling hope , which again is PR, (and I wouldn't have went about things that way if I was in control of the Bills, but whatever) so trading McCoy--for far less than he's worth--seems weird. 

6 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

The Giants should have traded Odell before the draft, when he was out making a ruckus. They could have used all those high picks (think Cleveland wouldn't have given the fourth?) to immediately start remaking their team. But...they didn't...

Archived