NFL fires down judge Hugo Cruz

August4th

22 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

His kid was the white hat at Tampa last week.  Said that it was OK for a defender to go helmet to helmet with Mayfield.

The Browns have had their share of instances where they're getting the long end of the short stick this season.  Garrett's roughing call on Big Ben.....allows a TD drive to continue.  The Ogunjobi "non-fumble, fumble in Oakland.  Okung's false, false start.  Mayfield getting drilled in the head.  Three of those instances directly impacted the outcome of their games.  Could certainly consider them being 5-1-1 if they had competent officiating.  

The NFL is so hellbent on getting games over in a concise period of time.  I don't know about you, but I don't mind "60 Minutes" starting ten minutes later, and the calls are being made correctly.

Cleveland always got away with holding in the end zone in OT against Baltimore. It's a two way street, dude. 

5 hours ago, tom cody said:

Refs do make bad calls, that's an unfortunate part of it. Not sure I'd fire a guy for doing it.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't fired just for that. He probably has screwed up dozens of times before and this was the final straw. 

33 minutes ago, Master of Suspense said:

Cleveland always got away with holding in the end zone in OT against Baltimore. It's a two way street, dude. 

I'm pretty sure he wasn't fired just for that. He probably has screwed up dozens of times before and this was the final straw. 

If they would’ve thrown a flag for holding that would’ve equally as horrible as the rest of their flags against the browns. 

Even if it was a hold it wouldn’t make up for the 100 terrible calls against them.

this to me is a drop in the bucket if they called Pittsburgh for all the holds on garrett they would have given up 130 yards of field position.

If they call holding on garrett every time this game Pittsburgh will get shut out.

2 how about suspending the player that was helmet to helmet hit on shake and bake another 15 yards there and that may have been game over.

On 25/10/2018 at 6:20 PM, MWil23 said:

Past due. An official missed another obvious false start last week vs. the Browns in the very last drive, but the Browns ended up sacking Winston.

Should have fired this guy the week before too. It arguably cost them the game:

Bullsack.jpg

Also, the female referee who blew the Duke Johnson fumble/possession last year should have been terminated immediately following the game as well.

That Duke Johnson fumble call is the weirdest decision I have ever seen. He's standing right there, with the ball in his hands, holding it up in the air...and she just doesn't see him and calls Redskins ball.

the Brown's really do have the worst luck in the world.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:27 PM, TheeRealDeal said:

I know I am just sick and tired of most obvious terrible calls coming against the Browns every single week and I am even more fed up with the joke apologize the NFL dishes out every week. We suck. It is hard enough for us to win/compete in football games right now we should have to play 11 v 18 every single snap.

Your Browns are not the only team sick and tired of terrible calls against their team.  We had one that changed the outcome of a game and we ended up with a tie instead of a W.

5 hours ago, ChazStandard said:

That Duke Johnson fumble call is the weirdest decision I have ever seen. He's standing right there, with the ball in his hands, holding it up in the air...and she just doesn't see him and calls Redskins ball.

the Brown's really do have the worst luck in the world.

Hes standing where? Bc the balls at the bottom of the pile.  And....all turnovers are automatically reviewed.  Sorry, can't the put that one on the official.  Looked to me like a redskin defender starts pulling the ball away at the 48.  I would need to see a better angle to say that was a bad call.

33 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Hes standing where? Bc the balls at the bottom of the pile.  And....all turnovers are automatically reviewed.  Sorry, can't the put that one on the official.  Looked to me like a redskin defender starts pulling the ball away at the 48.  I would need to see a better angle to say that was a bad call.

Watch again...at 0.08 Johnson stands up with the ball held up in his right hand, looking for an official to hand it to. That's when the official comes over, doesn't see him and awards a fumble to the 'skins, standing over a pile of people that doesn't have a football in it.

On 10/25/2018 at 1:56 PM, Elky said:

Good. Hope this starts a trend; firing incompetent officials is the best way to motivate these guys to do their jobs more effectively. No one is expecting perfection, but stuff like this should not be tolerated.

Or it messes with their heads and they get worse under the constant fear of potentially being fired week-to-week.

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Or it messes with their heads and they get worse under the constant fear of potentially being fired week-to-week.

Welcome to the real world, NFL refs. Most of us have the same issue yet we stay productive at work.

59 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He's standing right in the middle of the screen holding the football before the lady ref even calls Redskins ball...

Archived