NFL fires down judge Hugo Cruz

August4th

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

NFL should have never caved back in 2012

Literally every week the news was about how godawful the replacement refs were, every week it was some new red controversy. They had no choice. I was in a packed college bar the night they announced it was over and the whole place erupted. The NFL utterly lost the public perception battle on that 

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

A few things:

- So you basically endorse incompetence, its ok to slack on your job, sweet

- Who else is it on? Be specific

- I'm sure this isn't the first time he's been warned, I hope this becomes a trend, officiating has become as big as the actual game and it shouldn't be.

- Other than being fired, they need to be graded and fined accordingly, this will definitely affect change

- Coaches, players, GMs and Owners are held to a high standard, why aren't the officials held to the same standard?

I don’t think most fans realize how difficult the job is. 

10 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Yeah, because the Browns would have beaten the Chargers if he didn't miss this call lol

Uh, okay. So it's okay to make blatantly horrible calls or not throw a flag on painfully obvious penalties? It's extremely likely the Chargers would have still won, but that TD should not have counted. Period.

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

tbh it's either one of CB Bucknor, Angel Hernandez, or Joe West. Any of those answers is acceptable. Any other is not.

Joe West is the president of the MLB umpires association (they don't call themselves that it's something stupider), which is why that particular union's number 1 priority is to make it's umpires as unfireable as humanly possible. 

Right. Which is why I'm happy for this move for the NFL because it means that at least someone can get fired, even if it's a nobody. If the NFL refs become as untouchable as MLB umpires are, we can see things in the NFL get much worse than they currently are.

1 hour ago, FinSting said:

Ed Hochuli was lifting weights in the gym when this news scrolled across the TV, and he smiled. 

His kid was the white hat at Tampa last week.  Said that it was OK for a defender to go helmet to helmet with Mayfield.

The Browns have had their share of instances where they're getting the long end of the short stick this season.  Garrett's roughing call on Big Ben.....allows a TD drive to continue.  The Ogunjobi "non-fumble, fumble in Oakland.  Okung's false, false start.  Mayfield getting drilled in the head.  Three of those instances directly impacted the outcome of their games.  Could certainly consider them being 5-1-1 if they had competent officiating.  

The NFL is so hellbent on getting games over in a concise period of time.  I don't know about you, but I don't mind "60 Minutes" starting ten minutes later, and the calls are being made correctly.

1 hour ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

His kid was the white hat at Tampa last week.  Said that it was OK for a defender to go helmet to helmet with Mayfield.

The Browns have had their share of instances where they're getting the long end of the short stick this season.  Garrett's roughing call on Big Ben.....allows a TD drive to continue.  The Ogunjobi "non-fumble, fumble in Oakland.  Okung's false, false start.  Mayfield getting drilled in the head.  Three of those instances directly impacted the outcome of their games.  Could certainly consider them being 5-1-1 if they had competent officiating.  

The NFL is so hellbent on getting games over in a concise period of time.  I don't know about you, but I don't mind "60 Minutes" starting ten minutes later, and the calls are being made correctly.

Don't forget the block in the back on Garrett in week 1's OT after Schobert ran it back to the 15. 

The 20 times Garrett was blatantly held throughout the season

the overturned spot against the raiders

i need someone to figure out the number of flags thrown on big plays from the Browns. Every time we have a big run, defensive play, etc. there is a flag.. hmmmmm

4 hours ago, FinSting said:

Ed Hochuli was lifting weights in the gym when this news scrolled across the TV, and he smiled. 

At least Hochuli owned up to his mistake right away over the mic in front of 70000 people and on TV.  No doubt he would have changed the ruling on the field if he had the power to, it was just a boom boom play.  I honestly felt really bad for him after

It has at least been a little better though. Saints ravens jets no calls stand in my memory.

Completely forgot about that Duke fumble call. In a lost season thats easy to do. A season like this not so much.

Despite the calls they've still battled to be in position to win, and likely shouldve won most of them but lost of their own accord.

Until the offense develops the killer instinct the defense seems to have developed then we're just playoff pretenders.

All in all im not going to complain about watching a much more entertaining team and having Dorsey nab a more talented player in the draft to complete the team.

Archived