2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

@candyman93 yeah he’s a character at this point.

I used to listen to him a good bit on my commutes years ago and honestly he’s a sharp guy.  He used to take a less common stance, but he could back it up and it was interesting/thought provoking.

For whatever reason (it’s money, money is the reason) he feels conpelled nowadays to take these over the top stances and double down on them.  It’s unfortunate really as I think he’s actually able to provide an entertaining show, but I have no interest in listening to performance art about sports.

Does Clay Matthews still have the athletic ability and/or the scheme versatility to play 43 OLB?? I honestly haven't watched him play in years.

Since we're going for it, he could be a great culture and elite worker guy for a year or so that can platoon along with Taylor, Kirksey, and Avery at OLB. He's mostly spent his time as a 3-4 OLB rusher or 43 ILB.

If he's not washed, he'd add a dynamic 3rd down LB rusher that we could do all kinds of interesting movement games with.

A 2-3 year deal with an out after year 1 could be nice for immediate culture and urgent play impact while we bide our time to find our long-term solution at OLB. He could be a nice value add toward a playoff push despite it being highly unlikely that he'll be here when we really go after it in a few years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I hope people realize Cowherd is playing a character. He gave the Jets an A- because him and Sam Darnold are butt buddies and Cleveland gets a B. 

best part about the crap he likes to spout off that the Browns hired Kitchens, a guy, other teams didnt want to hire as a coordinator. Well the freaking Browns were blocking those freaking interviews!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Does Clay Matthews still have the athletic ability and/or the scheme versatility to play 43 OLB?? I honestly haven't watched him play in years.

Since we're going for it, he could be a great culture and elite worker guy for a year or so that can platoon along with Taylor, Kirksey, and Avery at OLB. He's mostly spent his time as a 3-4 OLB rusher or 43 ILB.

If he's not washed, he'd add a dynamic 3rd down LB rusher that we could do all kinds of interesting movement games with.

A 2-3 year deal with an out after year 1 could be nice for immediate culture and urgent play impact while we bide our time to find our long-term solution at OLB. He could be a nice value add toward a playoff push despite it being highly unlikely that he'll be here when we really go after it in a few years.

Packer fans say he’s done. We’d be better off with Houston

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Interesting thought...

It’d be kinda cool to see him in a Browns uni.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

No. He’s purely a situational pass rusher at this point. And when he does get to the qb he gets a roughing the passer call. 

34 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Still at the top of my list...

Borowitz-Shkreli-Congress-1200.jpg 

Yeah, Martin Shkreli is up there for punchable faces.

Here's a true story: Martin used to play a text-based RPG called Dragonrealms. I played the game too and witnessed one of the greatest meltdowns ever. Long story short, he was a complete ******* and got smacked around (character name was Vanmar). So he then spent about $4,500 to buy one of the strongest characters in the game (character name was Jhime), STILL ended up getting smacked around (he was terrible), then got perma-banned for giving an unconsented blowjob to another player who then reported him.

100% true story I swear - I interacted with him during this time and he was insufferable. Google Vanmar/Martin Shkreli/Dragonrealms or whatever and you'll see some stuff lol.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Vee-Rex said:

Yeah, Martin Shkreli is up there for punchable faces.

Here's a true story: Martin used to play a text-based RPG called Dragonrealms. I played the game too and witnessed one of the greatest meltdowns ever. Long story short, he was a complete ******* and got smacked around (character name was Vanmar). So he then spent about $4,500 to buy one of the strongest characters in the game (character name was Jhime), STILL ended up getting smacked around (he was terrible), then got perma-banned for giving an unconsented blowjob to another player who then reported him.

100% true story I swear - I interacted with him during this time and he was insufferable. Google Vanmar/Martin Shkreli/Dragonrealms or whatever and you'll see some stuff lol.

Wait.... what?

in the game? I can’t even 😂😂😂😂😂