2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

That would be moronic, my expectation is 55-60% pass and 3 we sets as base personal.

That would be like owning a Ferrari and taking a pick up out to dinner on  first date.

If u can establish the run effectively, you can dominate. Opens up PA and more 1 on 1. Our WR are awesome, but so is our backfield. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Our offense will be like Philly / KC / LA schematically.

Most likely it will be like our offense the second half of last year and TB's offense last year, schematically speaking. Lot's of spreading out the D, throwing deep, running into relatively empty boxes, and big plays.

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Our offense will be like Philly / KC / LA schematically.

I do not think so.  It should be very innovative (wishbone packages!).  I expect a lot of trickery and things not seen before in the meague and things mixed in from many days gone by.

there sould be concepts that will be very hard to defense.

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's not 1974.

Passing opens up the run. 

My point is that balance is crucial. You're wr and rb are both elite groups. Being able to run effectively also wears down the dline and helps control the clock and tempo of the game. I dont see the problem in doing both. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pnies20 said:

What’s the deal with the Lee rumors?

You need to be more specific. Do you mean Darron Lee? I’d take him, he’s played for a awful Jets team that doesn’t know how to use him. He’s not a damn 3-4 ILB. He’s a OLB in a 4-3 meant to cover TEs and WRs. Hell, I remember OSU having him cover slot WRs at times.

Edited by candyman93

I’ve seen the rumor tweet of Ogbah for Daron Lee. Lee can play, just don’t be a moron like the Jets and place him as a thumper ILB. His pass defense is his greatest strength. This is what he SHOULD be doing:

Edited by candyman93

4 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

My point is that balance is crucial. You're wr and rb are both elite groups. Being able to run effectively also wears down the dline and helps control the clock and tempo of the game. I dont see the problem in doing both. 

the thing is what do you do first
538 did a pretty cool piece that showed that the majority of running success is predicated by not having people in the box, and that 3WR 1 TE formation is the best to run out of.  To do this you need to be able to show you're dangerous passing the ball.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, mistakey said:

538 did a pretty cool piece that showed that the majority of running success is predicated by not having people in the box, and that 3WR 1 TE formation is the best to run out of.  To do this you need to be able to show you're dangerous passing the ball.

This. Plus, for the first time in forever, we're capable of being flexible on offense.  You stack the box, we kill you with passing weapons.  You play nickel and dime, we run it down your throat.

I don't love our O-line as a run blocking unit, but they're good enough to get the job done.  Other than that, we're pretty stacked.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mistakey said:

The Rams led the NFL in 3x1 WR sets and when Gurley was healthy were towards the top of the NFL in rushing. The Chiefs were also towards the top of the league in both. This isn't a coincidence...although the Chiefs with Kelce and the hybrid weapon he is makes them have a HUGE advantage here with personnel and matchups.