WEEK 8 GB vs LAR post game discussion (L 27-29)

squire12

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're probably right.

With that said, difference between Crosby doing his best and missing and Montgomery disobeying a direct order. 

Then what's the secret? Huh, what are the magic words? I give orders every day nobody follows them.

Just now, Leader said:

Ha! :)

I'm actually not entirely joking here. 

I think if Gute had been in the big chair for a few years longer when this offseason rolled in, we'd have seen both Davis and Rip on this roster. Not having Davis cost us the safety and the opportunity to have a last minute drive. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're probably right.

With that said, difference between Crosby doing his best and missing and Montgomery disobeying a direct order. 

I don't think it was a screw McCarthy I don't want to listen to him. He probably thought he could get a big return there, as stupid as the decision was. 

1 minute ago, pacman5252 said:

He's still a talented contributor.  You don't just cut solid players. 1 mental mess up isn't the end of the world. He isn't the first or last KR to take a ball out of the endzone when he wasn't supposed to. I was pissed too at Monty, but it happens.

My problem with Monty is ball security. He fumbles way too much. He would be in my doghouse for that alone. The mental error is just the straw that broke the camel's back. He needs to sit for a while. Jones and Williams can carry the load.

8 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

He's still a talented contributor.  You don't just cut solid players. 1 mental mess up isn't the end of the world. He isn't the first or last KR to take a ball out of the endzone when he wasn't supposed to. I was pissed too at Monty, but it happens.

I keep hearing this being said, but what exactly makes Monty a "talented contributor" to this team?

He is not a natural RB and is obviously behind Jones and Williams.

His blitz pickup has always been iffy and is not as good as Williams's pick up.

He might be decent receiver out of the backfield, but as has been well documented the Packers under McCarthy and Aaron don't throw very often to RBs.

He has been in GB for 4 years now and is still just a guy. He is not under contract and is likely gone after this season.

He is also a below average KO returner.

What are Montgomery's talents that will utilized by this team, this season?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

My problem with Monty is ball security. He fumbles way too much. He would be in my doghouse for that alone. The mental error is just the straw that broke the camel's back. He needs to sit for a while. Jones and Williams can carry the load.

I think you have some recency confirmation bias brewing. In 303 touches (175 carries, 96 rec, 32 returns) going into this game, Ty had 3 fumbles, which is a fumble 1% of his touches. 

Here are the 2016 NFL rushing fumble statistics

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/rushing-fumble-rates/2016/

Most of the RBs are around a 1% fumble rate per touch.

8 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I think you have some recency confirmation bias brewing. In 303 touches (175 carries, 96 rec, 32 returns) going into this game, Ty had 3 fumbles, which is a fumble 1% of his touches. 

Here are the 2016 NFL rushing fumble statistics

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/rushing-fumble-rates/2016/

Most of the RBs are around a 1% fumble rate per touch.

Are these fumbles lost, or all fumbles?

Never mind. They're all fumbles. Sorry.

Archived