NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, DalCowboyzRule said:

What part of Devin Booker, Kelly Oubre, Mikal Bridges, Zion Williamson and Deandre Ayton wouldn’t be exciting?

Zion and Ayton would be a far better version of the Lob City Griffin/DAJ pairing, add in a star guard in Booker and two young 3&D wings.

No PG or player capable of initiating the offense or creating for others. 

8 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Who has been as bad as Cam and was still considered a lock to be a top 5 pick?

Probably nobody.

Skal comes to mind as a guy who stayed very high in mock drafts until a bit after the college season, despite only playing 15 minutes/game and being mediocre. He had the #2 HS ranking and everything you look for in a player for his role (much like Cam) which was enough for draftniks. However, he definitely was not a top 5 lock by March. Most mocks had him at like 10, which is a far cry from the #4 spot we continue to see Cam at.

I still like Cam, but man it gets harder and harder to look sideways when it comes to his poor production.

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Who has been as bad as Cam and was still considered a lock to be a top 5 pick?

Closest reminder I can think of to Cam is Freshmen year Harrison Barnes. Poor shooting. Just floating around not really putting any influence on games. Just kinda there but big and athletic and looks sort of polished despite never putting anything together.

Times like this is when I somewhat miss the old days. Guys like Cam Reddish and Nassir Little would probably be better  coming back, working on their game and being the man next season for their respective team.

In today's day in age, there's no way that will happen though. 

13 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Times like this is when I somewhat miss the old days. Guys like Cam Reddish and Nassir Little would probably be better  coming back, working on their game and being the man next season for their respective team.

In today's day in age, there's no way that will happen though. 

Reddish should 1000% return to school but won't. 

1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

I’m all in on Zion, JA and RJ but is this a bad draft after that? What the hell is Cam? Does he just not fit being the third guy on that team? 

Cam Reddish just isn’t very good at basketball. 

Archived