Week 9: Lions (3-4) at VIKINGS (4-3-1)

swede700

The Vikings should be able to exploit one of the worst defenses in the NFL this year in the Lions. How many total yards will they have against the Lions?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. The Vikings should be able to exploit one of the worst defenses in the NFL this year in the Lions. How many total yards will they have against the Lions?

• 0 - 245 yds (avg total yards vs. Lions in Zimmer's first year)
    • 246 - 335 yds (avg vs. Lions in Zimmer era)
    • 336 - 362 yds (avg vs Lions in 2017)
    • 363 - 404 yds (avg. vs Lions in 2015)
    • 404+ yds

4 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'm still waiting for the game where we the offense and defense both look big time. Right now, I'm not seeing much from the offense. Certainly not more than last year.....

Absolutely. 100% agree. I really think the absence of Diggs hindered the offense today. On a positive note, it was nice to see Cook making a splash today. I’m optimistic for the rest of the year. 

4 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'm still waiting for the game where we the offense and defense both look big time. Right now, I'm not seeing much from the offense. Certainly not more than last year.....

At the beginning of the year the Offense looked pretty great and the defense was the problem. It's slowly reversed 

22 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Absolutely. 100% agree. I really think the absence of Diggs hindered the offense today. On a positive note, it was nice to see Cook making a splash today. I’m optimistic for the rest of the year. 

And Thielen didn't look quite 100% out there either. This bye week is much needed and well timed. 

6 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

The offense was fine today. Controlled the ball. Need to stop the dumb turnovers and bad drops (Robinson bomb). Other than the bad pick Cousins didn’t do much wrong. He didn’t have a great game, but he didn’t need to. That’s the type of game Zimmer likes anyways. If they can consistently put both sides together this team will be a force. Sometimes winning a grind it out game is just fine. 

The big takeaway from this game is that the team is learning from its mistakes. The defense is getting better and we didn’t completely crumble after errors. That’s a HUGE positive. 

Great game today!  If I'm a playoff team, the Vikings are a team that I absolutely do not want to see.  This is going to be a very dangerous team as the year rolls on, gentlemen. 

EDIT:  I posted this before watching the Saints/Rams game.  Geez, those two teams are incredible.  I should probably hold off on any bold predictions about the Vikings playing either of them in the playoffs.  That was an awesome game by two great teams.  :o

I'm not seeing complaints about the offense this week. We were without Diggs, and we were up most of the game. The thing that mattered was our ability to run the ball, which maybe we could have run it down their throats more at the end of the game, but the game was out of reach and the defense was dominant at that point. The offensive game plan, once we got ahead was to eat up clock, and the Vikings did a solid job of that on offense. We didn't need the offense to go crazy, after 60 minutes of game, the Lions did have the ball more of the time than we did, but with the defense playing the way they were, that was fine. Considering the injuries to Rieff, Hill, Diggs, Cook, Barr, Joseph, and Rhodes, we've had some big names (all of them minus Hill but Hill is big when he misses time), and we've won games we should, minus the Bills game, and stolen a game in Philly thus far this year. Was it the perfect Vikings game this week, no, but there isn't such a thing as a perfect game, was it a dominant win, absolutely.

8 hours ago, byuvike88 said:

And Thielen didn't look quite 100% out there either. This bye week is much needed and well timed. 

Bye week is huge. All things considered, we've been decently fortunate with injuries this year. Yes, we have been decimated, but we were relatively healthy this year and we were more likely to sustain key injuries. The fact that so few have been season ending, and we will get most, if not all guys back in some capacity before the end of the season is huge. Reiff is going to bolster the O-Line a ton. Sendejo has been out most of the season, and we've improved on the back end. And, perhaps most notably, we haven't missed Anthony Barr. At all.

41 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I'm not seeing complaints about the offense this week. We were without Diggs, and we were up most of the game. The thing that mattered was our ability to run the ball, which maybe we could have run it down their throats more at the end of the game, but the game was out of reach and the defense was dominant at that point. The offensive game plan, once we got ahead was to eat up clock, and the Vikings did a solid job of that on offense. We didn't need the offense to go crazy, after 60 minutes of game, the Lions did have the ball more of the time than we did, but with the defense playing the way they were, that was fine. Considering the injuries to Rieff, Hill, Diggs, Cook, Barr, Joseph, and Rhodes, we've had some big names (all of them minus Hill but Hill is big when he misses time), and we've won games we should, minus the Bills game, and stolen a game in Philly thus far this year. Was it the perfect Vikings game this week, no, but there isn't such a thing as a perfect game, was it a dominant win, absolutely.

I don't think the Vikings offense scored in the 2nd half.  I definitely wouldn't consider that playing well.

On 11/3/2018 at 2:43 PM, Freakish Mind said:

Sounds like Diggs might not be able to go tomorrow.  If that's the case.   My prediction is we lose this game with a big big reason being because of Treadwell.  Hope I'm wrong, But Treadwell on the field gives me very little hope.  

I think Treadwell played pretty well yesterday.  

4 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

Great game today!  If I'm a playoff team, the Vikings are a team that I absolutely do not want to see.  This is going to be a very dangerous team as the year rolls on, gentlemen. 

EDIT:  I posted this before watching the Saints/Rams game.  Geez, those two teams are incredible.  I should probably hold off on any bold predictions about the Vikings playing either of them in the playoffs.  That was an awesome game by two great teams.  :o

I think, in the 2nd go-around, the Vikings can beat either one.  

Archived