Good to Know Hue (Jackson Fired); Gregg Williams named Interim HC

The Gnat

1 hour ago, Elky said:

Sad thing is that he can still be a good OC.

I'm not so sure about that.  I have this theory that there's a lot of dumb coaches in the NFL (or at least were), and guys like Hue Jackson looked good because he was going up against another dumb coach.  When these dumb ones get weeded out, guys like Hue Jackson are not going to be seen as a 'guru' any longer.

Analytics twitter has ruined me.  McVay is a 'genius' because he runs the ball the least into stacked boxes.  8-9 men in the box? Let me throw the ball.  6 men in the box? Let me run it.  How has other coaches not figured that out yet?

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm not so sure about that.  I have this theory that there's a lot of dumb coaches in the NFL (or at least were), and guys like Hue Jackson looked good because he was going up against another dumb coach.  When these dumb ones get weeded out, guys like Hue Jackson are not going to be seen as a 'guru' any longer.

Analytics twitter has ruined me.  McVay is a 'genius' because he runs the ball the least into stacked boxes.  8-9 men in the box? Let me throw the ball.  6 men in the box? Let me run it.  How has other coaches not figured that out yet?

You run the ball with 2 tes and a fullback. That is how life works dont ask questions.

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

It not just the NFL either. I mean look how long it took for NBA teams to realize that shooting threes and taking layups was more efficient then taking mid-range jumpers? 

1 hour ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Whats funny is there are still some Hue apologists in Raider Nation. Few and far between, but the3y exist. Dude sounds like he hasn't changed. Or if he has, not for the better.

He cant of been that bad the, ya all went 8-8.

3 hours ago, game3525 said:

It not just the NFL either. I mean look how long it took for NBA teams to realize that shooting threes and taking layups was more efficient then taking mid-range jumpers? 

What if I told you 3 points is more than 2 points?

10 hours ago, lancerman said:

He just got fired and he’s trying to shape the narrative to make it nicer. “Cleveland was dysfunctional when I was there, they tied my hands giving a hot head like Haley play calling duties and gave me a a geek like Sashi who thought moneyball works in the NFL”

Most people do this when they are fired. Nobody goes into a job interview saying “yeah I sucked and I deserved to be fired”

He can shape it all he wants. 

Like Hue always says, “‘I gotta go back to the tape”. Any GM can watch his last 40 games as a coach and see the doesn’t know how to manage a game, doesn’t know how to manage the clock, doesn’t know how scheme with his talent, and prolly a few more things. 

Dude has been a walking contradiction for the past 3 years. 

He can shape it all he wants but he is doing more harm then good.

So what makes anyone think that Cleveland is going to just suddenly stop being a dumpster fire of a franchise? 

It starts at the top. Ownership. 

Owner is who decided to keep Hue after firing Sashi and the team going 0-16. Owner is who decided it was smart to not only retain Hue, but to bring in asst coaches who are tough to work with (Haley) or are (likely) legitimately certified sociopaths like Williams who, despite there being Hard Knocks cameras filming him, made the conscious decision to literally tell his players on D to freaking HIT THEIR OWN QUARTERBACK. IN PRACTICE. THE GUY THEY PICKED #1 OVERALL.

And on top of all the other insane decisions that we have seen Haslam make, the worst of all IMO has been to make Gregg freaking Williams the interim HC.

You have the future of your team, a rookie quarterback, who is already dealing with just ridiculous amount of instability around him. And you decide you don't want to keep either offensive coaches in charge, so that at least Mayfield can receive some real coaching. Nope. The best decision is clearly to promote Gregg Williams. My God. Just imagine what practice is like every day now for Baker. Poor guy. I won't be shocked at all if we find out that Baker gets injured during the week some time, and it ends up being because Gregg Williams decided that QBs in practice should be hit just like everyone else and Jabrill Peppers almost kills him.

But hey maybe Haslam is a genius after all. I mean Williams DID say that he totally has gotten like almost a dozen LETTERS from teams begging him to be their HC.

I mean come on. We all know that teams make offers to coaches via the US Postal Service and in handwritten letters. Duh.

4 hours ago, BAConrad said:

So what makes anyone think that Cleveland is going to just suddenly stop being a dumpster fire of a franchise? 

It starts at the top. Ownership. 

Owner is who decided to keep Hue after firing Sashi and the team going 0-16. Owner is who decided it was smart to not only retain Hue, but to bring in asst coaches who are tough to work with (Haley) or are (likely) legitimately certified sociopaths like Williams who, despite there being Hard Knocks cameras filming him, made the conscious decision to literally tell his players on D to freaking HIT THEIR OWN QUARTERBACK. IN PRACTICE. THE GUY THEY PICKED #1 OVERALL.

And on top of all the other insane decisions that we have seen Haslam make, the worst of all IMO has been to make Gregg freaking Williams the interim HC.

You have the future of your team, a rookie quarterback, who is already dealing with just ridiculous amount of instability around him. And you decide you don't want to keep either offensive coaches in charge, so that at least Mayfield can receive some real coaching. Nope. The best decision is clearly to promote Gregg Williams. My God. Just imagine what practice is like every day now for Baker. Poor guy. I won't be shocked at all if we find out that Baker gets injured during the week some time, and it ends up being because Gregg Williams decided that QBs in practice should be hit just like everyone else and Jabrill Peppers almost kills him.

But hey maybe Haslam is a genius after all. I mean Williams DID say that he totally has gotten like almost a dozen LETTERS from teams begging him to be their HC.

I mean come on. We all know that teams make offers to coaches via the US Postal Service and in handwritten letters. Duh.

I've been thinking their litany of errors have been on purpose for a while now. No organisation can be this incompetent so often. Making GW head coach when they've FINALLY got a glimmer of hope at QB just compounds it. Charlatans everywhere in decision making positions.

Archived