Good to Know Hue (Jackson Fired); Gregg Williams named Interim HC

The Gnat

54 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

To be fair, Hue was a dead man walking from the get go.  Dorsey hired both Gregg Williams and Todd Haley as candidates to the interim HC

Dorsey didn’t hire Williams. He was brought in for the 2017 season. Dorsey wasn’t hired until 3/4 of the ‘17 season was over

12 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So the answer was to fire Both the HC and OC? That's funny. Guess they didn't want one or the other to look like the winner in the locker room.

That and the way Haley acted I guess really irked Dorsey. That he wasn’t a coach he wanted around such young players. 

When Gordon started game 1, specially when Hue said plenty of times that he won’t start. Everyone here thought it was just Hue being completely clueless and just running his mouth. It seems more so that Haley just gave Hue a big F U. Held Gordon out the entire preparation and changed the starting package right before the offense took the field to get Gordon on there. 

Just Dorsey showing that accountability is going to be huge for the organization as it moves on. Baker had already been extremely accountable and has taken blame for stuff that wasn’t his fault. That was the exact opposite of Hue. 

Most important thing was Hue Or Haley, it was Baker, so he got rid of the two biggest influences on him that were the most negative 

28 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Dorsey didn’t hire Williams. He was brought in for the 2017 season. Dorsey wasn’t hired until 3/4 of the ‘17 season was over

Gotcha, I stand corrected - bringing in Haley was with a clear idea he could be the interim HC, though.   He just failed miserably on his own, which left Williams as the survivor. 

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

That and the way Haley acted I guess really irked Dorsey. That he wasn’t a coach he wanted around such young players. 

When Gordon started game 1, specially when Hue said plenty of times that he won’t start. Everyone here thought it was just Hue being completely clueless and just running his mouth. It seems more so that Haley just gave Hue a big F U. Held Gordon out the entire preparation and changed the starting package right before the offense took the field to get Gordon on there. 

Just Dorsey showing that accountability is going to be huge for the organization as it moves on. Baker had already been extremely accountable and has taken blame for stuff that wasn’t his fault. That was the exact opposite of Hue. 

Most important thing was Hue Or Haley, it was Baker, so he got rid of the two biggest influences on him that were the most negative 

I agree, it's just rarely and I'm honestly trying to remember the last time it happened Do both the HC and OC/ (or DC) get fired at the same time,. That's all.

8 hours ago, kramxel said:

Why the heck did they keep him after last season, then????

1. The Haslams liked him and Hue had their ear.  

2. Hue was very good at deflecting blame for everything he’s ever done wrong

3. Jimmy was pissed about paying so many ex coaches and he still has to pay hue for next year

46 minutes ago, mistakey said:

he still has to pay hue for next year

He doesn't have to. He could probably start a GoFundMe and have it taken care of. Well, he at least could have before he fired him, probably wouldn't have taken long. Start it up and say once it reaches his salary number he will fire Hue. Even if it didn't work, it would have been humorous.

On 10/29/2018 at 11:14 AM, PapaShogun said:

Cleveland should have done this after last season. I don't get why they were convinced after everything that had happened on and off the field in 2016 and 2017, that they felt the need to give Hue another chance with a new GM coming in. I figured keeping Hue was essentially a signal that they were all in with him for the foreseeable future. I'm guessing Dorsey is going to clean house with the rest of the coaching staff after the year is over with. 

At least this time Jackson couldn't even plant the seeds of a mutiny.

I wonder how much timing is involved here. I don't recall the timing, but if the new FO took over and got organized after January all the nest HV candidates for the year were already hired. So your choices are running with a pick from the leftovers, or get settled for a year and have your pick of the litter next year with a #1 pick QB for him.

If Mike McCarthy gets fired in Green Bay, I wonder if he would be interested in taking the Browns job?  While questions could certainly be asked about the ownership, they do have a promising young quarterback and a lot of talented young players to start building a team with.

Also, since Hue Jackson is on the market, maybe Green Bay could pick him up to replace McCarthy before some other team comes in and scoops him up. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Buck said:

If Mike McCarthy gets fired in Green Bay, I wonder if he would be interested in taking the Browns job?  While questions could certainly be asked about the ownership, they do have a promising young quarterback and a lot of talented young players to start building a team with.

Also, since Hue Jackson is on the market, maybe Green Bay could pick him up to replace McCarthy before some other team comes in and scoops him up. 

I think Lincoln Riley is choice #1, but MM would make a lot of sense as well.

Archived