Good to Know Hue (Jackson Fired); Gregg Williams named Interim HC

The Gnat

Man, Hue Jackson is a really obnoxious bitter old fart.  Reading what he's been saying, I really think he's delusional. 

Kept complaining about no talent on offense and saying things like, "With what I had to work with..." 

Then he says his offense was better last year with less talent, and he's saying they should have drafted a QB (didn't he say he was fine with not drafting a franchise QB)...

His offense in 2017 was God-awful, so I don't know what he's talking about there.  They averaged under 15 points a game last year and scored over 24 points ONCE.  They're averaging 21 points a game this year.

The dude sure is talking a lot of crap for having won three games in three years.  I feel like he's talking himself out of a job in the NFL this season with all the blame he's casting. 

I'd be so happy to be rid of him if I was a Browns fan. 

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

The dude sure is talking a lot of crap for having won three games in three years.  I feel like he's talking himself out of a job in the NFL this season with all the blame he's casting. 

yeah, the right move would be to say "I can and will do better. Good luck to the Browns moving forward"

if you trash the people around you, who is going to hire you?

He just got fired and he’s trying to shape the narrative to make it nicer. “Cleveland was dysfunctional when I was there, they tied my hands giving a hot head like Haley play calling duties and gave me a a geek like Sashi who thought moneyball works in the NFL”

Most people do this when they are fired. Nobody goes into a job interview saying “yeah I sucked and I deserved to be fired”

Thank goodness Jackson is gone. Has to go down in history as one of the least successful head coaches of all time, doesn't he? Les Steckel and Rod Rust each lasted one season, Bobby Petrino less than that; Jeff Fisher and Dan Reeves are tied for most regular season losses ever (165). Over two and a half seasons, Jackson went 3-36-1 with Cleveland.

And now their interim head coach is the Bountygate guy. Boy does this team need help.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Man, Hue Jackson is a really obnoxious bitter old fart.  Reading what he's been saying, I really think he's delusional. 

Kept complaining about no talent on offense and saying things like, "With what I had to work with..." 

Then he says his offense was better last year with less talent, and he's saying they should have drafted a QB (didn't he say he was fine with not drafting a franchise QB)...

His offense in 2017 was God-awful, so I don't know what he's talking about there.  They averaged under 15 points a game last year and scored over 24 points ONCE.  They're averaging 21 points a game this year.

I'd be so happy to be rid of him if I was a Browns fan. 

This is what Hue does. Ever since he took control in Oakland after Al Davis died. Then threw his players under the bus at the end of the year in addition to claiming he will be having a stronger hand in the organization...as if he ran the show, and not Mark Davis. Of course he was fired shortly after Reggie McKenzie arrived.

Hue doesn't get to complain about quarterbacks when he wanted AJ McCarron for a 2nd, and 3rd round pick. Or told folks to trust him when he got hyped over Cody Kessler. 

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

He just got fired and he’s trying to shape the narrative to make it nicer. “Cleveland was dysfunctional when I was there, they tied my hands giving a hot head like Haley play calling duties and gave me a a geek like Sashi who thought moneyball works in the NFL”

Most people do this when they are fired. Nobody goes into a job interview saying “yeah I sucked and I deserved to be fired”

No. You say you left your previous role because you want to continue your development and face new challenges.

You don't say you couldn't cope with either the challenges in the previous role or your colleagues.

2 minutes ago, Mega Ron said:

No. You say you left your previous role because you want to continue your development and face new challenges.

You don't say you couldn't cope with either the challenges in the previous role or your colleagues.

He got publicly fired, can’t do that 

24 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

What honestly surprises me, is how Hue Jackson thinks these comments are going to make him look better.  Just the stupidest comments coming out of his mouth since he got fired.  Zero self-awareness...

Sad thing is that he can still be a good OC.

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

What honestly surprises me, is how Hue Jackson thinks these comments are going to make him look better.  Just the stupidest comments coming out of his mouth since he got fired.  Zero self-awareness...

This guy was all reputation and certain people vouching for him. He's been this awful for a good while but because he was supposedly a QB guru and a strong offensive mind he was given the benefit of the doubt.

Archived