Good to Know Hue (Jackson Fired); Gregg Williams named Interim HC

The Gnat

18 minutes ago, Gannon12 said:

That better be Hell’s Kitchen because Mayfield will thrive. I’m so happy you guys dropped the dead weight. Hated Hue, he’s a decent OC but a terrible HC. I want the Browns to reach that next tier this is the first step. The Browns are in the AA of coaches. Hope they got over the addiction of failure. This is the time to rise. You have a franchise qb, an up and coming defense filled with stars. I hope you guys trend high. You deserve it. This team needs the leaders in place to put these magnificent pieces together. 

Dorsey was a beyond amazing hire and it’s showing. Hope he gets the right people in place to move this team forward. A strong Browns team is good for the NFL. I’m still remembering the Bernie days when this was a badass team. I just hope you are on the correct path. 

Thanks man. I’m also old enough to remember the Kosar days. Those were also the days when the Raiders instilled a little fear in us when we’d play you guys. IMO the nfl is a better league when you guys are good also. 

It also seems only Raider fan and Browns fan can fully understand the Hue that giveth and mostly shmooze and taketh away. 

13 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Thanks man. I’m also old enough to remember the Kosar days. Those were also the days when the Raiders instilled a little fear in us when we’d play you guys. IMO the nfl is a better league when you guys are good also. 

It also seems only Raider fan and Browns fan can fully understand the Hue that giveth and mostly shmooze and taketh away. 

I wanted you guys to crush the Broncos so hard in that playoff game......... arrrrg could’ve had a title if you beat horse teeth 

1 hour ago, BleedTheClock said:

lol

Even if that were true, not a very high bar.

That being said, since the Steelers put the final nail in the coffin, its only fair that you give us Myles Garrett and your next 3 first round picks.     :ph34r:

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

I actually am both excited and scared at the thought of Gregg Williams being the most powerful coach on the Browns for the rest of this season.

I see a headline like this:

"R.I.P. Baker Mayfield. Browns QB Killed in Practice. Coach Gregg Williams Main Suspect"

56 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

That being said, since the Steelers put the final nail in the coffin, its only fair that you give us Myles Garrett and your next 3 first round picks.     :ph34r:

Oh hail no. All you did is expose our ineptitude coach for what he is. Evidently as per usual. 

For real though I’d trade you Miles in a heartbeat for a little bit of you guys consistency. I’d even throw in slightly used Todd Haley game worn jersey memorabilia. 

6 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Oh hail no. All you did is expose our ineptitude coach for what he is. Evidently as per usual. 

For real though I’d trade you Miles in a heartbeat for a little bit of you guys consistency. I’d even throw in slightly used Todd Haley game worn jersey memorabilia. 

You guys are on the right track IMO.    I think you have a really good GM, and you have some nice building blocks on both sides of the ball.    I think Baker has alot of potential.     You guys just need to find the right guy to steer the ship.

As a Steeler fan, I obviously dont want to see you guys get better ^_^, but as an objective football fan, Cleveland fans deserve better than the garbage theyve had to put up with...well, for at least as long as Ive been a football fan.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Correct. But a dude who literally has the worst winning percentage in NFL history...by a large margin...is not the best coach we've had. It was one of the more moronic things I've seen posted on here. I wonder why that dude feels that way, but I also feel like his viewpoints probably aren't worth investigating.

Oh, and you can't have Garrett. We'll give you guys our kicker though.

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You guys are on the right track IMO.    I think you have a really good GM, and you have some nice building blocks on both sides of the ball.    I think Baker has alot of potential.     You guys just need to find the right guy to steer the ship.

As a Steeler fan, I obviously dont want to see you guys get better ^_^, but as an objective football fan, Cleveland fans deserve better than the garbage theyve had to put up with...well, for at least as long as Ive been a football fan.

I really hope you’re right. I miss the rivalry we used to have. It was great football when the Browns were having a great season Steelers were having a down year but could easily beat us, or vise versa. It was always great football to watch. 

11 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

So the answer was to fire Both the HC and OC? That's funny. Guess they didn't want one or the other to look like the winner in the locker room.

To be fair, Hue was a dead man walking from the get go.  Dorsey hired both Gregg Williams and Todd Haley as candidates to the interim HC.   Haley just failed his audition - and if the reports are true, didn't even bother listening to Hue.   Now, I probably don't blame him - but that also speaks to a lack of willingness to use the others around him - that probably sunk him.   I mean, if he wasn't going to be interim HC, would he have listened to Gregg Wiliams either?   

To be clear, Hue was the problem.   But cleaning house completely on O wasn't a terrible decision.  Frankly, keeping Hue as a lame duck this offseason was the bigger problem, but apparently that's on Haslem.  Really, until he stops interfering, CLE's always going to be at risk.   I don't think Dorsey has leveraged the assets Brown gave him to maximum gain (Baker at 1.1 over Darnold, taking a G instead of moving up for T, or taking Connor Williams at 2.1, and trading 3.1 for Tyrod Taylor / paying Landry at 16M to be a WR1 when he's really best served as a complementary slot guy).   But I would say if he can keep Haslem at bay, that's probably a plus for CLE even if he doesn't manage the cap well, or picked the wrong QB/OL (to be fair, he certainly looks like he picked the right CB at 1.4).

Archived