Avengers: Infinity War

Acgott

42 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Try coming back home and trying to post coherently for picks 16-32 on Draft Night Day 1.   Thought it would be easy to swing back to draft mode after so much anticipation and waiting around.

I was so wrong.

Lol, same and I was gonna try to do a pick by pick draft grade analysis thread that I did like 10 years ago.

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Lol, same and I was gonna try to do a pick by pick draft grade analysis thread that I did like 10 years ago.

Put it this way - I'm still having a hard time getting to sleep.   2 days later.  

(Of course, having the draft and wife being away on vacation probably has something to do with that, too lol).

I managed to successfully black out anything related to this movie for the past two weeks.

I've read the last 3 pages (no spoilers, thank god) and it sounds like my fear that it won't live up to the hype is unfounded.

Time to reinstate the blackout. I have tickets for Monday with my best friend. The draft kept me busy Thursday and Friday, Saturday spent most of the day traveling across the country. Just gotta occupy myself tomorrow, Monday will fly by.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I managed to successfully black out anything related to this movie for the past two weeks.

I've read the last 3 pages (no spoilers, thank god) and it sounds like my fear that it won't live up to the hype is unfounded.

Time to reinstate the blackout. I have tickets for Monday with my best friend. The draft kept me busy Thursday and Friday, Saturday spent most of the day traveling across the country. Just gotta occupy myself tomorrow, Monday will fly by.

The draft is over.   You can just go dark until movie time.   Don't get spoiled.  If you've seen up to Ragnarok, you are in for quite the ride.

One piece of advice - don't count on doing work after.   It's not happening.

On 4/26/2018 at 12:36 PM, StLunatic88 said:

Obviously it has not been nearly as reliable recently as it used to be, but at this point I dont believe the Tracking for Infinity War is on pace for what The Force Awakens did.

Also, the first Avengers probably had a bigger opening weekend (in buzz and actual tickets) and The Dark Knight was right there with it too. Honestly, The Dark Knight to me was the film that had the most buzz around it until TFA

Actually when you look at the average ticket price at the time of each of the opening weekends, if IW does what it is tracking for ($225m domestic) it would fall somewhere between The Avengers and The Dark Knight in tickets sold (rough/guestimate math)

Forgot to round back to this - I think the durability and re-viewership of Infinity wars is going to shatter any Avengers movie.  Dark Knight, maybe too in NA.

Globally, it's not even close.   This is going to crush every record.   Why?  Star Wars literally has zero popularity in Asia.   They didn't really catch on to the original trilogy back then, so it's just another series to them. 

Wow, this movie is on another level. Me and my sister were super hyped for this movie and thought it would not live up to it up but boy did it take us for a ride and then some! I am still grasping at some of the things that happened and like many of you I just want to go see it again. lol!

11 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Forgot to round back to this - I think the durability and re-viewership of Infinity wars is going to shatter any Avengers movie.  Dark Knight, maybe too in NA.

Globally, it's not even close.   This is going to crush every record.   Why?  Star Wars literally has zero popularity in Asia.   They didn't really catch on to the original trilogy back then, so it's just another series to them. 

It will break A LOT of records (estimates have it breaking TFA's opening weekend record domestically), but it won't approach the global take of Avatar.

14 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

It will break A LOT of records (estimates have it breaking TFA's opening weekend record domestically), but it won't approach the global take of Avatar.

Yeah that’s fair.  No accounting for taste (kidding  somewhat I loved it but global markets overvalues special effects experiences imo). 

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

How a movie like that ever got to be so big is beyond me.

Watched it a 2nd time.  Not as good on the 2nd viewing for me.  Felt like an incomplete story, it was rushed, and there were definitely some logic issues from our heroes.  However, still a great movie and great experience at the theater.

25 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Watched it a 2nd time.  Not as good on the 2nd viewing for me.  Felt like an incomplete story, it was rushed, and there were definitely some logic issues from our heroes.  However, still a great movie and great experience at the theater.

You felt on the 2nd time what I got the 1st time.

Still a really good movie.

Archived