Avengers: Infinity War

Acgott

I feel like there are ALOT of spoilers in there that many of you are just glossing over...

Not saying its bad, its probably because so much is going to happen, that these spoilers will feel minor after we see it. But as of right now, some of them are HUGE.

• Vision in Human skin
  • Iron-Spider suit
  • Loki flipping to Thanos
  • Cap return (especially if its in Wakanda)
  • Vision Mind-stone extraction
  • Winter Soldier return
  • War Machine in Battle
  • Cap's Wakanda gauntlets
  • Guardians Reveal

Some of these are less spoilery than others, and many of them we all assumed (aka saw in the Con footage) but these are still massive reveals already and we are still like 6 months out (with probably 3 more trailers and 100 more spots full of spoilers) if I had any self control, I would not watch any more material until May 4th.

11 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I feel like there are ALOT of spoilers in there that many of you are just glossing over...

Not saying its bad, its probably because so much is going to happen, that these spoilers will feel minor after we see it. But as of right now, some of them are HUGE.

• Vision in Human skin
  • Iron-Spider suit
  • Loki flipping to Thanos
  • Cap return (especially if its in Wakanda)
  • Vision Mind-stone extraction
  • Winter Soldier return
  • War Machine in Battle
  • Cap's Wakanda gauntlets
  • Guardians Reveal

Some of these are less spoilery than others, and many of them we all assumed (aka saw in the Con footage) but these are still massive reveals already and we are still like 6 months out (with probably 3 more trailers and 100 more spots full of spoilers) if I had any self control, I would not watch any more material until May 4th.

I dont think any of that is spoilery. Vision in human skin I will give you as surprising, but not sure it ruins the viewing experience in any way. Spidey's suit was already shown and most already assumed he'd wear it in IW. Loki flips on everyone and already aligned with Thanos's underlings. Of course Thanos gets the mind stone. Everyone knew GoTG were in this movie, it wasnt a secret. Winter Soldier and War Machine fighting, I felt, was expected as they were featured in a ton of marketing pre-trailer. Cap's Wakanda guantlets... how is that a spoiler? Last we saw he was in Wakanda.. what is it spoiling?

14 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I dont think any of that is spoilery. Vision in human skin I will give you as surprising, but not sure it ruins the viewing experience in any way. Spidey's suit was already shown and most already assumed he'd wear it in IW. Loki flips on everyone and already aligned with Thanos's underlings. Of course Thanos gets the mind stone. Everyone knew GoTG were in this movie, it wasnt a secret. Winter Soldier and War Machine fighting, I felt, was expected as they were featured in a ton of marketing pre-trailer. Cap's Wakanda guantlets... how is that a spoiler? Last we saw he was in Wakanda.. what is it spoiling?

Again, Im not saying these are a bad thing, but you were making alot of assumptions (well informed as they may be) if you werent surprised by everything I listed there. Those would be MAJOR spoilers to any casual who has only watched the MCU movies. 

Which is what worries me about all promo content going forward. Because they are already showing these things, how are they going to make the next Trailer even more exciting?

16 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Those would be MAJOR spoilers to any casual who has only watched the MCU movies.

Lets connect the dots using only MCU info inside the run times. 

Last time Spidey he was being offered that suit to join the avengers. If he is fight with the avengers its not spoilerly if he is wearing that suit because it was already presented as his avengers suit.

The entire plot of the first Avengers movie was Loki working ground level for Thanos

Thor runs into Thanos's ship at the end of Ragnarok, Gamora and her sister want to kill Thanos, not a leap to imagine them meeting up

Tony was seen making Rhodey mechanical prosthetic to walk and they mention him flying again. 

Cap was in Wakanda at the end of Civil War, so was Buckey. Them fighting in Wakanda with Wakandan weaponry is obvious, because well, we know they are there

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Lets connect the dots using only MCU info inside the run times. 

Last time Spidey he was being offered that suit to join the avengers. If he is fight with the avengers its not spoilerly if he is wearing that suit because it was already presented as his avengers suit.

The entire plot of the first Avengers movie was Loki working ground level for Thanos

Thor runs into Thanos's ship at the end of Ragnarok, Gamora and her sister want to kill Thanos, not a leap to imagine them meeting up

Tony was seen making Rhodey mechanical prosthetic to walk and they mention him flying again. 

Cap was in Wakanda at the end of Civil War, so was Buckey. Them fighting in Wakanda with Wakandan weaponry is obvious, because well, we know they are there

Agreed.  Even Vision looking like a human isn't exactly a spoiler.  It doesn't change anything about him as a character like Thor's new haircut doesn't change anything about him as a character.  Everything else would be spoilers if we weren't shown the step beforehand already, like Winter Soldier being awoken.  It's beyond assumed that he would be cured, so showing him is not a spoiler to me.

Only thing close to a spoiler would be the Vision scene, but everyone who has seen the MCU movies would know that scene is coming.  I wouldn't have shown it, but it's something we all knew was coming.

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Peter passes on the suit, going back to his own tech. It wasnt his "Avengers Suit" he madethe choice to be the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man at the end of Homecoming. Seeing him in the Iron-Spider suit is a major reveal as we have never seen him in it. You may have deduced that he would wear it, but to act like everyone "knew" that is wrong. The only way you knew is because that footage has already been leaked and/or talked about.

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Yes, Loki is the trickster god, and he usually plays all sides. But the last thing we saw of Loki was that he was standing by Thor's side. We had no idea that he has the Tesseract (again those are all ideas floating around due to the D23 footage) so showing him handing over an Infinity Stone is, again, a spoiler.

9 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

How in the world would anyone make this leap other than we have head about the D23 footage of him crashing into the windshield? There is absolutely nothing to connect Thor and the Guardians other than that leaked footage (a version of what we saw here)

11 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Yea, it is eluded to someday that he will walk and even fight again. But the actual reveal of him being good enough to do that from being paralyzed is another reveal. Its not just an assumption. Remember his "life altering" injury was the MASSIVE stakes that came out of Civil War?

12 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Cap was not in Wakanda, Bucky was being frozen there (again, not just hiding out there) Cap has just broke out the crew from The Raft. So even in your recounting of actual events inside the movies your informed assumptions are already coloring what the actual current state of the MCU has provided us.

Yes, just about every poster here "knew" all of these things, but my point is, casuals didnt. And if they are already spoiling this big reveals, what else is coming in the next waive of promotion?

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Cap was not in Wakanda, Bucky was being frozen there (again, not just hiding out there) Cap has just broke out the crew from The Raft. So even in your recounting of actual events inside the movies your informed assumptions are already coloring what the actual current state of the MCU has provided us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A47fVdDkE78

Cap was pretty clearly in Wakanda.

I feel like your list of spoilers are half things that aren't important enough to be called spoilers, and half things that were already revealed just by the cast list.

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Where is he then during the post-credit scene of Civil War?

Looks pretty clear he's hiding out in Wakanda with Black Panther. The only real spoiler-ish scene in the trailer was the Vision one where the mind stone looked to be getting extracted from his head. Could also have just been a tease too. I mean, we know Thanos has to get the mind stone from Vision at some point but maybe that's not the exact scene it happens. If it is though then that was a bad reveal to put in the trailer. Showing the Winter Soldier also does lessen the moment in the film when they do thaw him out after he was frozen.

That’s fair, my bad, I forgot Cap was even in that scene. Thought it was just Bucky and Tachala

Once again, I’m not a saying they aren’t spoilers to any of us. We have talked about these things extensively just in this thread (and its predecessor) but to casual fans they would be. 

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

That’s fair, my bad, I forgot Cap was even in that scene. Thought it was just Bucky and Tachala

Once again, I’m not a saying they aren’t spoilers to any of us. We have talked about these things extensively just in this thread (and its predecessor) but to casual fans they would be. 

If you watch a trailer and don't expect some minor spoilers that's on them.

Archived