Is it just me or have the primetime games have been awful this year?

Plat2

15 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

It's just you.   DEN @ ARI, NE @ BUF were total duds.  But really, that's about it.   MIA@HOU was actually very entertaining.   And we've had some barnburners this year already.    

Houston/Dallas was another really good one, going down to the wire...

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Houston/Dallas was another really good one, going down to the wire...

Yeah, I will say that SF-OAK and TEN-DAL have the potential to really stink it up, though.   I hope Mariota & Coop inject life into both O's on MNF.   As for TNF, well, hope for some O fireworks.  25-6 games are hard to watch, no argument there lol.

It's because the NFL is stubborn as hell about who they put on prime time.  That is really it.  Even the games that turn out to be decent, it's almost like, "who cares?"  I understand as a business feeling the need to put the big markets on the premier stage, but the NFL overdoes it.  The 49ers have sucked for awhile now, but will have played 3 (would have been 4 if it didn't get flexed out) prime time games before the Panthers play their 1st (a TNF game).  So from a fan perspective, it leads to a lot of uninteresting matchups ala Titans/Cowboys, strictly because the NFL "has" to put those teams on the big stage.  Understandable, but sucks.

Plus the NFC East takes over on prime time and more than usual, all of the teams are boring as heck to watch other than maybe the Eagles because of Wentz.  So that also gives the feeling of a lot of the games being boring.  Really though, it would happen to any division if they were over-saturated like that - it's hard for any division at 1 time to field 4 entertaining teams.  It just so happens its the NFC East every year.

I don't know why people complain about this for. I see this all the time on social media. If the matchup looks boring to you then don't watch it or if the game itself is boring then turn it. 

I don't care who is playing or how bad the game is. Football is football and I am going to enjoy it because it will be over soon. 

Archived