Week 9 GDT: The BOSA BOWL - The BAY'S battle of the TANKS

N4L

2 hours ago, Geek said:

That Raiders game was really insane for our defense. Now we're tied for 7th in sacks. Nick Bosa who? :P

One of my greatest fears. That we somehow fail upward playing horrible teams and make it seem like the pass rush is competent so that we don't go after it hard in the off season. 

That and raccoons. 

6 hours ago, Forge said:

One of my greatest fears. That we somehow fail upward playing horrible teams and make it seem like the pass rush is competent so that we don't go after it hard in the off season. 

That and raccoons. 

My greatest fear is using a handicapped bathroom stall.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:58 PM, Forge said:

That and raccoons. 

While I am definitely NOT afraid of raccoons (having met many face-to-face in my many camping experiences...skunks however are another story...), I too am concerned that the pass rush might get overlooked. However, I have to admit that Watson was impressive...of course, that could be because Kolton Miller really isn't very good.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad we selected McG, despite not being excited about him initially. And very glad we won the coin toss! :D

I think the staff is well aware of our deficiencies in the pass rush department, regardless of how they've looked against bad teams. 

My fear is not that it is overlooked.  My fear is that someone will have "their guy" and choose a pass rusher later on who has an injury history or off-the-field issues thinking they got them for a steal.   

10 minutes ago, Ataal said:

I think the staff is well aware of our deficiencies in the pass rush department, regardless of how they've looked against bad teams. 

My fear is not that it is overlooked.  My fear is that someone will have "their guy" and choose a pass rusher later on who has an injury history or off-the-field issues thinking they got them for a steal.   

Oh god is Baalke back

11 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Oh yeah, Shanny mentioned to Maiocco we need some finishers on the DL. They know how big of a weakness it is. I want to attack that position heavy in this draft. No reason why two of our first four picks shouldn't be edge rushers. 

Really depends on what we do in FA. If we sign someone like Lawrence,  Ansah or Clowney(if they hit FA) i wouldn't mind us passing over a edge rusher with our first pick. Else i 100% want us to pick a edge rusher in the first.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:58 PM, Forge said:

That and raccoons. 

Those suckers will rinse your body in the stream so that they can more easily pick out your bones. You are right not to trust them. 

5 hours ago, Justone2 said:

Really depends on what we do in FA. If we sign someone like Lawrence,  Ansah or Clowney(if they hit FA) i wouldn't mind us passing over a edge rusher with our first pick. Else i 100% want us to pick a edge rusher in the first.

I want this in ADDITION to drafting in the 1st. Our EDGE needs a LOT of work.

9 hours ago, Chrissooner49er said:

While I am definitely NOT afraid of raccoons (having met many face-to-face in my many camping experiences...skunks however are another story...), I too am concerned that the pass rush might get overlooked. However, I have to admit that Watson was impressive...of course, that could be because Kolton Miller really isn't very good.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad we selected McG, despite not being excited about him initially. And very glad we won the coin toss! :D

Very happy with McG as well. Did you see him on the Mostert TD run... poor guy, so far away from the line, turning his head left and right to know which way to block... if Mostert is a 4.3 40 yard guy, does that mean McG is truly a 4.2? He was in front of him, after all...

27 minutes ago, rudyZ said:

Very happy with McG as well. Did you see him on the Mostert TD run... poor guy, so far away from the line, turning his head left and right to know which way to block... if Mostert is a 4.3 40 yard guy, does that mean McG is truly a 4.2? He was in front of him, after all...

Nobody liked the pick when we made it but it's really worked out well so far. McGlinchy is just going to be a rock on our Oline for the next 10+ years a la Staley. 

35 minutes ago, Geek said:

Nobody liked the pick when we made it but it's really worked out well so far. McGlinchy is just going to be a rock on our Oline for the next 10+ years a la Staley. 

Yeah, that was pretty much my projection. I don't know that he'll ever be great because I don't know that he's going to be a good enough pass protector (he's fine, but certainly not great, but obviously young and a lot of room to grow in this regard) but I thought it was a lock that he was a solid starting tackle in this league for a decade. Asking him to be Staley might be a bit much, but you never know. 

Archived