Nathan Pinterman starting next week against Chicago

Elky

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I expect him to not go into the season with a rookie as raw as Allen and Peterman as the starter. I expect him to cut ties with Peterman after week 1 or at the very least after the Houston game. The way he and Beane handled the whole QB situation since trading away Tyrod has been a total and complete disaster. People have been fired for much less. 

We didn't bring Derek Anderson in until 2 days before Allen got hurt! We knew Peterman couldn't play week 1, it's unacceptable that we had no other options even in the building and proof that this coaching staff has absolutely no idea how to evaluate a QB properly, which scares the hell out of me because this front office and staff took a QB #7 overall based on their evaluations.

50 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm still trying to figure out what happened on that. I think everyone assumed that McCarron was getting the starting gig with a chance to play Drew Brees to Josh Allen's Phillip Rivers. There's reason to believe that a good 16 games of handing the ball off to Shady and letting the defense do its thing would have either led to another 16 games as the starter in Buffalo or a trade to a QB needy team - both of those being good things for McCarron.

How did that go so far sideways?

He was abysmal after the first week of camp, he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and then couldn't stay healthy at all.

4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is just sad at this point. If this team isn't purposefully tanking, I don't know what purposefully tanking looks like.

And we still aren't going to get the #1 overall pick because this team decided to have a fluke offensive explosion against the Vikings. 

Have one of the worst offenses in NFL history and still don't even get the #1 overall pick brehs.

I won't hear anybody say the Bills aren't cursed.

4 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

And we still aren't going to get the #1 overall pick because this team decided to have a fluke offensive explosion against the Vikings. 

Have one of the worst offenses in NFL history and still don't even get the #1 overall pick brehs.

I won't hear anybody say the Bills aren't cursed.

THE worst according to DVOA. But yeah, Bills are completely cursed - although it seems to be that they're cursed recently because y'all felt you could do better than Tyrod Taylor and....yeah...

We're only at the midway point of the season but with the way scoring is looking across the league, it is quite possible the Bills have the worst offense of any team post-2000 when taking that into account.  

They are averaging less points per game than the 2010 Panthers, 2011 Rams, 2000 Bengals, as many points per game as the 2009 Rams, and averaging only .3 and .8 more points per game respectively than the 2006 Raiders and 2000 Browns.  Those are the 6 worst teams in points scored since 2000.  And the Bills in a year where scoring is at an all-time high are just as inept.  And at least some of those teams could run the ball (Bengals, Panthers, and both Rams teams were solid at running the ball going off YPC); Bills are 29th in YPC.  At the current pace their on, they would (at least statistically) be the worst offense post-2000, and who knows where they'd rank all-time.  They already have 4 games without a touchdown; the Panthers by comparison only had 3 such games.

I feel bad for McDermott if this costs him his job though.  I've always liked him as a coach and there just isn't much he can do.  It feels like the team competes and plays hard for him.  They've played it close with a lot of teams this year (closer than some of the scores would indicate ie. Patriots game), but there is nothing you can do to solve an offense as talent-deprived as the one they have.  He deserves another offseason.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

We're only at the midway point of the season but with the way scoring is looking across the league, it is quite possible the Bills have the worst offense of any team post-2000 when taking that into account.  

They are averaging less points per game than the 2010 Panthers, 2011 Rams, 2000 Bengals, as many points per game as the 2009 Rams, and averaging only .3 and .8 more points per game respectively than the 2006 Raiders and 2000 Browns.  Those are the 6 worst teams in points scored since 2000.  And the Bills in a year where scoring is at an all-time high are just as inept.  And at least some of those teams could run the ball (Bengals, Panthers, and both Rams teams were solid at running the ball going off YPC); Bills are 29th in YPC.  At the current pace their on, they would (at least statistically) be the worst offense post-2000, and who knows where they'd rank all-time.  They already have 4 games without a touchdown; the Panthers by comparison only had 3 such games.

I feel bad for McDermott if this costs him his job though.  I've always liked him as a coach and there just isn't much he can do.  It feels like the team competes and plays hard for him.  They've played it close with a lot of teams this year (closer than some of the scores would indicate ie. Patriots game), but there is nothing you can do to solve an offense as talent-deprived as the one they have.  He deserves another offseason.

I’d feel bad for McDeromott if he didn’t do it to himself. He’s gonna die by Nathan Peterman. This is now the 3rd time he’s gonna be burned by a complete and utter bum. He deserves what he gets at this point. Inexcusable that Peterman was on this team after week one. 

15 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I’d feel bad for McDeromott if he didn’t do it to himself. He’s gonna die by Nathan Peterman. This is now the 3rd time he’s gonna be burned by a complete and utter bum. He deserves what he gets at this point. Inexcusable that Peterman was on this team after week one. 

Peterman should have been released after 5 INT game.

On 10/31/2018 at 11:52 AM, Trentwannabe said:

I expect him to not go into the season with a rookie as raw as Allen and Peterman as the starter. I expect him to cut ties with Peterman after week 1 or at the very least after the Houston game. The way he and Beane handled the whole QB situation since trading away Tyrod has been a total and complete disaster. People have been fired for much less. 

Yup. To add to that, they made both of them their top two options behind a bad line.   

On 11/1/2018 at 3:56 PM, Malfatron said:

Logo-Brouwerij-Pinterman.jpg

image not available

No wonder he thows so many ints the dude literally can’t see the field

on a side note, the 49ers actuslly did have a QB I’ve never heard of before. Good for him, he was going well when I turned the game off because who cares about those teams... but good for him, whatever his name was.

Archived