Who should replace Dix?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who should replace Dix?

• Tramon Williams
    • Josh Jackson
    • Josh Jones
    • Whitehead
    • Other (Green, Breeland, Brown)

I would love to see what Jackson would do at that spot. He played a lot of zone in college and he excelled there and is more comfortable reading the QB, think he would make a lot of plays from that position. But I think Josh Jones will ultimately finally get a shot at starting. 

Isn't Jackson's ceiling pretty high at CB? Not sure I want to play him out of position and derail his development.

Tramon is intriguing. To my knowledge he's never played FS before. I guess it depends how much tackling you're willing to sacrifice for ball skills.

Jones I feel is the logical pick. Would make this trade look like a no-brainer if he starts and plays well.

**Editing to add that I feel Whitehead will get more snaps as a result of this trade, but continuing in the hybrid role Pettine seems to like him in.

I love the idea of Jackson, like stated before me, better at zone and ballhawk. He could be an all pro safety IMO.

Glad to see Ha Ha gone, stayed away from voluntary workouts and when he returned for mandatory mini camp made a statement about needed to get his money, bad sign and attitude.

Won't have to see him give away the easy slant in the RZ, bad angles, and poor tackling, enjoy Redskins.

As a roster spot - it will probably have to be a RB. We've only got two of them now.
But - I wouldnt mind Davis coming back to handle the return duties. That part of our game has flat lined since he's been gone.

Oh wait - we could bring Davis AND a RB back.....

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.  Josh Jones has already publicly expressed his displeasure at his lack of playing time; if the Packers trade their starting safety and then move a CB over to replace him without giving him a shot at it, I'll be curious to see how he handles it.  At the same time, playing Jones/Brice just seems like handing opposing offenses a TD or two per game on deep shots.

13 minutes ago, Leader said:

As a roster spot - it will probably have to be a RB. We've only got two of them now.
But - I wouldnt mind Davis coming back to handle the return duties. That part of our game has flat lined since he's been gone.

Oh wait - we could bring Davis AND a RB back.....

Wondering the same thing myself. I'm not sure Davis is eligible for another week. Kumerow might be eligible new, but do we need another WR? Could use another RB. Don't know much about the guy on the PS. There's always Kerridge, but he's a FB. Ideally we could use a RB who returns kicks. Any ideas?

2 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.  Josh Jones has already publicly expressed his displeasure at his lack of playing time; if the Packers trade their starting safety and then move a CB over to replace him without giving him a shot at it, I'll be curious to see how he handles it.  At the same time, playing Jones/Brice just seems like handing opposing offenses a TD or two per game on deep shots.

Right. That's why I'd like to see TWill paired with Jones. I don't think we'll miss Brice.

Just now, SpeightTheVillain said:

I have no faith in Josh Jones. He is fine in the box but guy can't play deep at least from the sample size of last season. We basically only have box safeties and Brice at this point. 

I hope he surprises us, he's been craving this opportunity, think he just needs a chance.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Wondering the same thing myself. I'm not sure Davis is eligible for another week. Kumerow might be eligible new, but do we need another WR? Could use another RB. Don't know much about the guy on the PS. There's always Kerridge, but he's a FB. Ideally we could use a RB who returns kicks. Any ideas?

You mean some guy thats sitting at home now or stocking shelves somewhere? No clue.
I dont even know what RBs we've got on the PS - which doesnt give me the warm and fuzzies about bringing him up and giving his snaps.
Doesnt seem as if a FB is schemed into our offense anymore - but there's been instances where one might have come in handy.............(I wont mention the most recent).

No - I'd be happy with Davis just doing the return work. Give that squad some positive yards - plus - you may have noticed, we dont seem to have every punt return getting called back for a penalty.....which seemed to happen 2 out or every 3 returns last year.

Archived