GDT: Ain't No Lie. Bye, Bye Bye: Week 9 Eagles (4-4) vs Bye Week

EaglesPeteC

Just now, El ramster said:

Do some y’all really think y’all could do some damage in the post season huh? 

I really do hope that if you guys get in.

yall take care of Naw leans for us.

would be appreciated brother. 

No, not really. It's the NFL, so any given Sunday always rings true which is why I do want us to make it even if it costs us ~5 spots in draft position, but at the moment I would say this team is losing to the Saints or Rams on the road 9 out of 10 times. We'll see, regular season matchups could certainly change that perception if we managed to play it close or win and give ourselves a blueprint.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

No, not really. It's the NFL, so any given Sunday always rings true which is why I do want us to make it even if it costs us ~5 spots in draft position, but at the moment I would say this team is losing to the Saints or Rams on the road 9 out of 10 times. We'll see, regular season matchups could certainly change that perception if we managed to play it close or win and give ourselves a blueprint.

idk how or why you guys are so bad. Is it the lack of run game? Because Carson box score sheets have phenomenal.

14 minutes ago, El ramster said:

idk how or why you guys are so bad. Is it the lack of run game? Because Carson box score sheets have phenomenal.

Our defense only plays 3 quarters. Our ol is up and down, with more downs than ups. Wentz has made mistakes inside the final 2 minutes. Playcalling is all over the place when we have a lead. 

44 minutes ago, El ramster said:

It's just the team not firing on all cylinders together, we have been in every game. We very easily could've been at least 6-2. But a bad end to the game by both the offense and D gave away what was a decent rest to the day.

Also health has been more of a hindrance than last year.

Tate should help open up the Offense a noticeable bit...if Doug and Co are creative. 
Having a quick YAC guy like that from week 1 and we would've closed out the Titans and Panthers games.

6 hours ago, El ramster said:

Do some y’all really think y’all could do some damage in the post season huh? 

I really do hope that if you guys get in.

yall take care of Naw leans for us.

would be appreciated brother. 

I cant remember a time the Eagles beat Drew Brees. Ask the Packers to take care of Naw Leans

I say we match up better vs the lambs...

Eagles O vs Nawlins D -  slight advantage Eagles

Eagles D vs Nawlins O - large advantage NO 

Eagles O vs Lambs D - push 

Eagles D vs Lambs O - slight advantage Lambs 

Hopefully the Panthers push the Saints for the division. Rather travel to Carolina than NO come playoff. 

Plus the Rams are still inexperienced in postseason. Brees and Payton know how to win in the playoffs, I give us no chance beating them in the dome. I could see anyone beating the Rams, even though I do think they are the most talented team and will have best regular season record.

How many coaches besides our man DP won the SB in a year where they started with 0 playoff wins to their name? BB, McCarthy, Harbaugh, Coughlin off the top of my head all had successful playoff experience before winning it all.

In a one game scenario, I think we can beat either one of them. Both of their defenses are exploitable.
you just gotta keep the 7s to 3s and not stall out too much. That's what happened to the Rams.
The Rams didn't really fix an outside pass rush issue, and getting Carson on the move hurts you more than it helps.

Panthers/Saints/Rams are all good teams that present their own problems, but you can see how to beat them...it just takes a more consistent Eagles team to do so.
We'll have a bit of time to ramp up momentum hopefully by then. If we come out flat or without creative new looks for the offense as a whole, not just with Tate...hoped dwindle significantly/

Next 2 months will dictate what damage if any the Eagles can do. I'm not concerned about Sept/Oct because it matters how well your playing in December/Jan.

Eagles somehow go on a run, I'm not scared of going to LA. Not scared of going to NO. I'm scared of Drew Brees but not the locations.

If indeed players are on the mend and about to return like

Sproles, Clement, Hollins, Sidney,  Timmy, Lane (Tate) it's nothing but a positive moving forward.

Who knows how the rest of the season will turn out, but I guarantee that if the Eagles makes the playoffs, they’ll make some noise. These teams like the Saints and Rams would definitely rather play the Panthers or Bears or whoever else is potentially coming out of the NFC.

The Eagles are a resilient group with arguably the best quarterback in the conference. They just need to string some wins together and gain some momentum.

And I’d much rather play the Rams on the road than the Saints. The LA home field advantage is an absolute joke 

Archived