Bruce Irvin cut

Dessie

3 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Partially reactionary, true. But dude just totally gave up on the team when he was supposed to be a leader. That is the opposite of being a captain. I also wonder if he was bad in the locker room to just be cut outright at a time like this when we are sorely lacking in pass rush. I can understand and empathize with being downtrodden by your job but there's 52+ other guys relying on you to be a pro. So go be a pro. Don't get BS poor sport roughing the passer penalties. No wonder his snap count got cut. IIRC of his 3 sacks, one was a coverage sack and another was a busted play where he had a free run to the QB

Ughhhh I hate the Whitehead contract. Guy hasn't done jack. He can't tackle well. He can't cover well. He can't see angles well. He can't blitz well. I would rather see what Morrow could do at  WLB ahead of him. Put Whitehead at SLB.

I thought he would be playing SLB all along, but leave it to this staff to play guys out of position as usual.

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

Yeah I get the criticism of Irvin but up till this year he had been good addition to the team. Gruden alluded to it being a schematic issue but surely that should have been identified early in the off season especially when he had a non guaranteed contract so would have been an easy cut. 

With DRC and DJ quitting on the team, Melvin a healthy scratch and now Irvin being cut it definitely suggests there is a problem in the locker room imo.

A problem with the coach coming in and lying to his team consistantly.

16 hours ago, Dessie said:

With DRC and DJ quitting on the team, Melvin a healthy scratch and now Irvin being cut it definitely suggests there is a problem in the locker room imo.

There certainly is a problem in the locker room.  I don't think we have a very talented roster, but the roster is much better then losing 34-3 and 27-3 to the 49ers and seahawks.  

Worries the **** out of me,  a rebuild isnt a bad move and getting all these 1st round picks will help, but at the current rate there will be nobody left in the team believing in Gruden at season ends.

1 hour ago, Roninho said:

There certainly is a problem in the locker room.  I don't think we have a very talented roster, but the roster is much better then losing 34-3 and 27-3 to the 49ers and seahawks.  

Worries the **** out of me,  a rebuild isnt a bad move and getting all these 1st round picks will help, but at the current rate there will be nobody left in the team believing in Gruden at season ends.

I think an underrated loss so far has been Donald Penn. With him hurt it forced Kolton and Parker into the lineup and Parker is nowhere near ready. With Kolton hurt too the depth is just gone. A good offensive line is crucial to a good team and we don't have that.

I believe that makes a bad team, historically bad. The defense I think was always going to suck. 

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He came a DE last year before that he was paid as the top 15 OLB and I want him to  produce as one.

He’s currently 20th according to OTC looking at the stats over the two years I think he’s right where he should of been. Il give u Derrick Morgan, and Brian Orakpo and T sizzle were paid less. Agree to disagree I guess 

15 hours ago, #1RAIDER FAN said:

I think an underrated loss so far has been Donald Penn. With him hurt it forced Kolton and Parker into the lineup and Parker is nowhere near ready. With Kolton hurt too the depth is just gone. A good offensive line is crucial to a good team and we don't have that.

I believe that makes a bad team, historically bad. The defense I think was always going to suck. 

I think Penn was underrated loss as well. While he was struggling at RT, Parker is beyond overwhelmed. He's been getting destroyed.

I'm worried about him cuz he looks just like Bruce Campbell early on. Outstanding athlete who just isn't good at football.

Archived