Week 9 GDT

TheVillain112

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I think Mahomes is the front runner but I do wanna see Brees win it. It's long over due.

I'm not saying it's never been the case, but what season should the MVP been taken away from the winner and given to Drew Brees?

5 minutes ago, blizofoz45 said:

The Chiefs took some heat for dealing Marcus Peters and not getting much for him but they knew the guy better than any of us.

I still think it was a bad decision to trade Peters. I personally think he isnt healthy. Before his injury and obviously with Talib on the other side the Rams secondary was lockdown. Peters injury looked worst than Talib injury. Peters didnt miss a game. Really no athlete is going to say they are playing hurt. They are going to say that they are fine. Peters is just not healthy and I think he is trying to compensate plus do more because Talib is out. Hopefully Peters will continue to get healthy though and Talib will be back Week 13 after the BYE. Ill hold to judgement about Peters and the Rams secondary until then. 

2 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Stop whining about the ref because that's not why we lost the game. 

There are a lot of reasons why we lost the game. The refs are certainly one of the reasons.

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

what about the other games? i'm waiting eagerly to hear how he singlehandedly created a 28-point deficit against the 49ers.

He doesn't have to do it by himself. Dude has a history of favoring the opponent. And it happened again today. But yeah, I'm just crazy. He totally shut me up today.

Just now, showtime said:

I'm not saying it's never been the case, but what season should the MVP been taken away from the winner and given to Drew Brees?

I'm not saying that it has ever been case at all. Only that Brees has been one of the best QB's in the league and deserves an MVP by now. I guarantee if he had a defense worth a damn he would've already had one.  

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

I'm not saying that it has ever been case at all. Only that Brees has been one of the best QB's in the league and deserves an MVP by now. I guarantee if he had a defense worth a damn he would've already had one.  

He deserves an MVP?  That's interesting.

2 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

lol

Serious question... what's the point of a response like this?

Even if you feel a guy is just working himself into a blind tizzy, does it really make you feel that much better about yourself to poke fun at him for that?

This isn't a "just you," thing, but an observation of this site and a lot of folks on it in general.  And it's the sort of thing that sure as hell doesn't help us recruit new members.

If you disagree with someone's position, by all means, provide an argument or evidence to the contrary.

If all some folks are here to do is get their rocks off by trying to laud some kind of feigned superiority out of laughing at other people, kicking them when they're down, making fun of their passion boiling over, that's some pretty sad excuse for humanity.

23 minutes ago, PatriotsWin! said:

Dang I like offense but it seems like every other game nowadays is 40-35 ish. Every QB is throwing 3-4 TDs a game and 300-400 yards, it's insane. I kinda want some semblance of a defense to make a comeback...

Fins-Jets was 6-3 at halftime today, final score was 13-6. 

OLD SCHOOL

1 minute ago, jrry32 said:

He doesn't have to do it by himself. Dude has a history of favoring the opponent. And it happened again today. But yeah, I'm just crazy. He totally shut me up today.

how far does this go? Does he also make favorable calls for Rams divisional opponents? How long a con is Bill playing???

2 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Serious question... what's the point of a response like this?

Even if you feel a guy is just working himself into a blind tizzy, does it really make you feel that much better about yourself to poke fun at him for that?

This isn't a "just you," thing, but an observation of this site and a lot of folks on it in general.  And it's the sort of thing that sure as hell doesn't help us recruit new members.

If you disagree with someone's position, by all means, provide an argument or evidence to the contrary.

If all some folks are here to do is get their rocks off by trying to laud some kind of feigned superiority out of laughing at other people, kicking them when they're down, making fun of their passion boiling over, that's some pretty sad excuse for humanity.

I'm sorry your team lost, I'm sure you'll be over it by next week. No need to get philosophical with the bitterness. 

16 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You mean the kind of holding calls that go both ways in literally every game played every Sunday?  Sorry, dude, but you're going to have to do better than that to signify "homecooking." (which usually requires either majorly one-sided decision-making all day by the refs or blatantly wrong decision making at markedly pivotal points of the game that totally shift the momentum).

Ok.  I don't really care enough to argue it.  I'm more concerned with the beatdown we are about to take tonight.  

Archived